"The sickness" - is there any hope or should I just give up?

Sensination

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea how it happened.... One day I needed a flashlight and my AAA Maglite wasn't enough so I decided to buiy something more powerful....

5 days later after more than 20 hours of research my total bill came up to $322.89!!!!!!

I bought THREE flashlights, s**t loads of batteries and other stuff. I guess now I'm ready for the nuclear winter...but WHY did I do that????
How did it happen?? I liked playing with flashlights when I was a kid, but this?? And why now???:eek:

Here is what I got:

Flashlights

Jetbeam PA10
Jetbeam PC20
Fenix LD32

Accesories
AW 14500 x1
AW RCR123 x2
AW 17670 x1
Trustfire 14500 x2
Jetbeam grease
Intelicharger i4
Duracell 4x AAA MiNh
Ultrafire CR123 x4
Solarforce RCR123 x2
Maglite LED conversion
Duracell 4x CR123
Multimeter

I'm very fresh to flashlight community but I got REALLY hooked up!!! Is there any point to fight it?? Is there any professional help I could get???
Should I just give up???

The worst thing is I'm already thinking about buying some more!!!!!

HELP!!!!:sick2::sick2:

P.S. I would like to welcome other victims and say thank you for loads of information and all the help I got from this website's community. Great job everybody!!!lovecpf

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
Must..... Resist.... I..... don't need... that light.

Inserts batteries.

edpmis02

Enlightened
Need a neutral, a warm, a floody, a thrower, and one each of cree's family tree: xr-e, xp-e, xp-g, xm-l and Nichia GS and a rebel based light..

Yes.. I have one or more of each...

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome! The sickness hits most of us... I joined this forum to buy 2 flashlights, I bought 10 over 4 months.
I got all I wanted and the sickness is gone, at least for a long while. By the way, you bought a lot of nice stuff, maybe you spent a lot on batteries: just buy them in batches off the internet rather than by 4: it might help you save some money!

PS: I recommend the PA20 too! :devil:

Last edited:

davyro

Enlightened
The more time you spend on here i'm sorry to say will make your wallet lighter.....but its worth every penny:devil:

zenbeam

Enlightened
Look at my signature. I bought each of those lights (that's 10) in just barely over one month only. I spent hours and hours researching, etc., etc. The craze is calming now. I was initially fascinated by today's tiny sized flashlights that put out unheard of amounts of light for their size. In the process of going in that direction, I picked up a number of keychain sized lights with varying attributes other than being phenomenally bright. Then a medium sized (physically) flashlight with a killer throw and plenty of lumens (my Fenix TK21). So my lights are all fairly small - and I like that.

Although I've calmed way down on the research and desire to buy my next light, I do need/want a physically large sized light with over 800 lumens to scratch that itch - something like a JETBeam BC40 for example. But I can wait a bit on that now - but then again, I'm not sure that I won't order one with my next unexpected bit of truly spare-able cash. We'll see. At least the "angst" is diminished. I still love the whole flashlight scene though.

I did this with pocket knives last year for a few months and reached a level of satiation and have not had a problem with that since. I still my enjoy my collection of knives and vary up the ones I EDC and so forth. But the flashlights seems kewl because once you get your core collection, there is always new technology and new models being released. I've really been eyeballing the Nitecore EX11.2 for example.

But then as you hang around here... you start to see custom lights and lights with those tritium vials.... oh those tritium vials...... the ones that glow by themselves because they are kind of nuclear.... lol...... tritiummmmmmm......

Yeah.. it goes away. See? I'm fine. You will be too. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
Well now you sure don't need to see the Sunwayman V10R Ti tritium mods and some darn nice knives to go with all these flashlights. :shakehead
All I did back in August of last year was to Google LED flashlights and found CPF and then CPF Market Place. :ohgeez: I'm hooked!
We do not have the sickness like some on this group have. Just check out: LED Flashlights - Photos of your lights. Start from the begining and you will see some sick puppies out there. :eek: The amount of flashlights some of these guys have is stagering.

Sensination

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated :)

I must say this flashlights shopping spree gave me A LOT of pleasure. I guess I always had it in me since being a kid, but now something triggered it. Last flashlight I bought was Mini Maglite AAA in 1996 and I just couldn't believe how the technonolgy improved over this years!!

jabe1 - easy to say :) I already realised I wil ALWAYS find an excuse...
Labrador72 - thanks for the tip and I was actually considering it but I was thinking maybe I should expand my horizons and go for some other comapany.
davyro - I know but I must say IT IS WORTH IT, and I didn't actually have a real hobby before and I think this could be it :)
zenbeam - I think it is calming down now a bit....wait tritium??/ What the hell is it, let me check....OH NO WAY!!!!! Aaaand it's back! Me waaaant!!!!
Rokron - It started the same for me...I just have to dose it slowly :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
i have to keep telling myself that everytime i think of the ub3t..... :broke:

but i think that logic won't work soon....

Its expensive. You need the hard to find diffuser, it has noticable pwm at 30l, its a dedicated thrower, its way too big...

I want one too.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is what I got:

Flashlights

Jetbeam PA10
Jetbeam PC20
Fenix LD32
i couldnt resist, after seeing your post i bought the LD32 too!
It's an awesome light!!!

Sent from my iphone Using tapatalk

380long

Newly Enlightened
This forum is was pushed me over the edge...before I found this place I had SOME control over the sickness! BUT NOW I AM SCREWED!!!

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated :)

Labrador72 - thanks for the tip and I was actually considering it but I was thinking maybe I should expand my horizons and go for some other comapany.
What about a Klarus XT2C? You need at least a floody 18650 flashlight in your collection! :devil: