Kids & shinning 4 animals

tigman_tim

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Looking for a solution for fun while camping at night. I would like to shine for animals with the kids. Have a low budget for the kids, maybe high end for Dad. Any sugestions or ideas ?? thanks!!!!

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's your budget range?

For your kids, something like Sipik SK68 will do just fine. It uses 1xAA, has a single mode, can zoom in and out for flood or spot beam, and be found on the Internet for dirt cheap.

For the daddy... Well, you are saying "high-end", but there are high-end lights that cost hundreds of dollars. Spotting wild life at a distance will require some throw, so big gun throwers will be ideal. One of the newest budget throwers that has been getting attention lately is Crelant 7G5 V2, which should illuminate things almost half a kilometer away in complete darkness, and further if spotting animals via reflections from their eyes.

Samy

Enlightened
I generally use cheap supermarket style led lights for the kids, the ones with 9 LED's or similar simply because kid can forget about and lose flaslights.

When i'm walking with my kids, i lend out my good lights to them but scratches and knocks are inevitable.

This evening, my daughter and i went out with one of these: hunting for scorpions. We only found some large pincers from a scorpion who met his fate and a few millepede's which also glow really well. This UV torch is great for the kid to go hunting with.

cheers

Samy please read the red banner at the top of the page - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

fishndad

Enlightened
I like the fact that your kids are involved and they probably dont care what kind of light they got.They just wanna hang out with dad.
Great job keep it up.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
get maglite, cheap, reliable, and has very good throw, you'll spot animals far away, home depot sells 2pack blister 3d magled and 2aa mini magled, for $30. can't go wrong with that.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the plastic rechargeable spotlights for $20 dollars or so should shine well. No loss if dropped or abused. Just be careful about wildlife laws and shining animals. Keep it low key. I notice kids will shine everywhere and attract attention you don't need.
Sounds like fun for you and the kids.

tigman_tim

Newly Enlightened
Hey, thanks for the tips.
Does this look like a good idea?
Kids= Romisen RC-29 II R5 Flood-to-Throw (from USA seller, I'am afraid of XX or YY HongKong)
Dad = EagleTac M3C4 XM-L T6
I was debating the Crelant 7G5-V2 XML U2, but thought the EagleTac would be more versatile and throw almost as far.

Thanks for helping!! Can't wait to go camping