good search light for $70. or less

fishndad

Enlightened
Im looking for a powerfull say 500+ lumen thrower with good spill as well.Any battery type will do but i kind like a 2 or 3 d cell.Thanks.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
eagtac t20 xpgs2 for extreme throw (18650)
swap to xml t6 for brighter spill

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slightly higher priced but throws really well as a search light is the Crelant 7G5v2.
Runs on 18650 batteries.

fishndad

Enlightened
looks like a great light. $126. i may have to wait a while to spend any money right noe anyway. Too many toys not enough Money.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might consider the Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1 "monster thrower", a bargain priced, yet well made light that fits your budget almost exactly (a little less actually @ currently 62 bucks USD at solarforceflashlight-sales.com).
I doubt you'll find a quality light with more throw at this price. (Has a fair amount of spill too.)

I might also suggest availing yourself of some of the many useful threads here at CPF that are full of information about what makes for a "search light" or a "thrower". Just do a few searches and see what turns up.
The main point being that it takes more than lumens to make for a searchlight. It is more about the design of the reflector in connection with the size and type of emitter. You might start with saabluster's excellent, "The Real Reason For Throw". The performance of the Masterpiece Pro-1 is a textbook example of what the thread speaks to.

Edit: I see that I missed the part of your post where you are looking for a 2 or 3 D cell light which the Solarforce is not. On the other hand if you are open to using 1 or two 18650s it's the way to go.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
consider also the Crelant V9. Its a pretty decent thrower for its size. runs off one 18650 or 2x RCR123's. Relatively cheap, 40+ dollar range shipped. three modes, high low strobe. I would have recommended the BC25 by jetbeam, but this new Crelant V9 of mine is the better thrower of the two.

You may also want to consider the Jetbeam BC40. It's 60+ dollars shipped. Pretty decent light for its price range. throw's not the top of the foodchain range but pretty good mid-range thrower (like the more expensive Fenix Tk35)

If you can scrounge up a bit more dough, cant go wrong with a Crelant 7G5 V2, probably the best in its price/performance range. The Olight M3X will beat it in throw, but will cost you 110 dollars compared to 80-something with the 7G5 V2.

fishndad

Enlightened
consider also the Crelant V9. Its a pretty decent thrower for its size. runs off one 18650 or 2x RCR123's. Relatively cheap, 40+ dollar range shipped. three modes, high low strobe. I would have recommended the BC25 by jetbeam, but this new Crelant V9 of mine is the better thrower of the two.

You may also want to consider the Jetbeam BC40. It's 60+ dollars shipped. Pretty decent light for its price range. throw's not the top of the foodchain range but pretty good mid-range thrower (like the more expensive Fenix Tk35)

If you can scrounge up a bit more dough, cant go wrong with a Crelant 7G5 V2, probably the best in its price/performance range. The Olight M3X will beat it in throw, but will cost you 110 dollars compared to 80-something with the 7G5 V2.

you did know i was looking for Dcell thrower? no worries.
yea i could scrounge up somemore for the 7g5. i like the flexability of 1 or 2 18650.
all the lights fook great and i need to think really hard.Heck ive been drooling over a jetbeam bc25 lately
thanks alot though.IM Soo Confesed

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both Crelant models are really nice and throw well.
The V9 is a single 18650 body with a large and deep reflector. The 7G5v2 has an even larger head.
The 9v will also support both CR123A & 16340 batteries.
Both are an excellent value

utlgoa

Enlightened
Im looking for a powerfull say 500+ lumen thrower with good spill as well.Any battery type will do but i kind like a 2 or 3 d cell.Thanks.

Checkout the new HP17 by Coast. It has the Cree XML LED and puts out 615 lumen.

Also, Coast is proud of their new "bulls eye" feature.

The HP17 has good spill plus an oversized hotspot, that resembles a bullseye target.

I own one and in my opinion it's the best Cree XML 3-D Cell flashlight for under $70.00.

Shop the Internet and you may find it for as little as $62.50.

fishndad

Enlightened
i got a quark 1232 turbo x and along with my 3d magled im good
thanks too many lights too little cash.
kids need nikes.