What is your favourite compact (pocket carry) light?

witness

Newly Enlightened
I just got the ZL SC600 based on comments I stumbled upon here at CP Forums. I already had a FourSevens MiniX123 (that I carry on my keychain) so I knew that LEDs were pretty awesome but, even so, I'm simply stunned by the SC600 :D. It's size, power, UI and the fact it's rechargeable is nothing short of amazing (to me). If this is what I could discover simply by poking around the forum I'm curious about what other great lights are out there and what people consider their flat out favourite compact pocket carry light?

Glock 22

Enlightened
My favorite is a Malkoff M31 219 in a VME head with a Surefire E1B body and a Z68 tailcap. Small, light weight, and over 200 lumens OTF. Nothing beats a Malkoff! And I also use LifePO rechargeables in it. Here is a pic.

LENS021.jpg

Last edited:

WhoDaresWins

Newly Enlightened
Witness, congrats on the SC600. I've been itching to get one... probably going to sell off a few other lights to get the funds. Still on the fench between the 600 and the 600w. Although I have a couple other lights with more horsepower, I find that the light I have on me 100% of the time is a 4sevens high cri Preon 1 all satin titanium with a black clicky switch and black clip. I also slipped a rubber pen grip over the light that fits under the clip which makes it easier to grip if I need to hold the light with my teeth (ex: lacing my boots in the dark, putting the dogs leash on early in the morning.) The pen grip is soft enough to be comfortable but smooth enough not to interfere with slipping the light in my pocket. Also, I took a ******* file and made some notches in the front portion of the light to see if it's on when standing up face down. The light ain't pretty, but it's proved to be most useful of all my lights... and all the wear the titanium has adds character to it. I added scotch tape to the lens to diffuse it some more (because I use primarily for up close work).
2012042912350718.jpg

20120429122427239.jpg

20120429122511946.jpg

Glock22, I REALLY dig your setup. From your experience, can you point me in the direction to get started on a similar light?

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
I carry a 4Sevens Preon 2 around 24/7. I did a quick video review at http://reviewminute.blogspot.com/. I like how it's professional, bright, durable, and efficient.

Also, 4Sevens has been a frequent contributor to CPF, which I support wholeheartedly.

FORCETEN

Newly Enlightened
I'm running a nearly identical rig, but using a m31 in stead of the m31n.
My favorite is a Malkoff M31N in a VME head with a Surefire E1B body and a Z68 tailcap. Small, light weight, and over 200 lumens OTF. Nothing beats a Malkoff! And I also use LifePO rechargeables in it. Here is a pic.

LENS021.jpg

Last edited:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
Um...got the new jetbeam pc-10 550 lumens on aw imr, that thing is a daymaker LOVE it

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dead easy for me,I have a small display cabinet in the kitchen with about 40 lights on it.I just take what suits the purpose at the time.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
This week, it's the Xeno EO3 neutral, in blue. Need to get a 14500 for it to scream, but with a Sanyo 2700 NiMH, it's a nice small pocket light. A few weeks back, it was the new ZL SC600 and before that, the PD32.

Chris

Raze

Enlightened
It's gonna be my Prometheus Alpha Shorty :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please pardon typos.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC600 is my favorite EDC light but I wouldn't say it's a "compact" pocket light because of it's weight and diameter, if I had to pick one it would be the Quark X 123x2 Tactical.

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened
Arc6. One of the smallest CR123 lights with a button interface. Can't wait to upgrade it later with an XM-L.

Mike S

Newly Enlightened
Loving my new D11.2, but sort of regret not getting the EX instead.