Looking for a light for caving and wilderness walking
I have been looking around and the Fenix series such as the LD20s have seemed appealing yet I'm not sure whether that'd be up to scratch.
I haven't seen any 18650 batteries or similar on sale in Australia but I have seen a lot online.
Thanks in advance.
1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?
Online websites preferably in Australia or Bricks and mortar stores in Australia. (warranty issues)
2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :-)
____Less than $100.
____I want a flashlight.
4) Flashlight-specific format/size:
____I donít care.
____Strong LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)
____I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.
7) What battery type do you want to use?
____I intend to use alkaline batteries (AAA, AA, C, D) or anything that is rechargeable
8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).
____I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (150-300 lumens).
More if possible
9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.
____5-20 yards/meters (check out a noise in the backyard)
____30-50 yards/meters (I have a big backyard)
10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).
____90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)
11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase ďyou get what you pay forĒ is very accurate for flashlights.
____Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).
12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):
I donít care.
13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
____I want 2 light levels. (Brighter/short runtime and Dimmer/long runtime.)
____I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)
____I donít care.
15) Special Needs/extras:
____Red filter (for preserving night vision) (If possible)