Looking for a light for caving and wilderness walking
Hello! I have been looking around and the Fenix series such as the LD20s have seemed appealing yet I'm not sure whether that'd be up to scratch.
I haven't seen any 18650 batteries or similar on sale in Australia but I have seen a lot online. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
1) How would you prefer to purchase the light? Online websites preferably in Australia or Bricks and mortar stores in Australia. (warranty issues)
2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :-)
____Less than $100.
5)Emitter/Light source: ____Strong LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)
6) Manufacturer: ____I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box. 7) What battery type do you want to use? ____I intend to use alkaline batteries (AAA, AA, C, D) or anything that is rechargeable
8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).
____I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (150-300 lumens). More if possible
9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply. ____5-20 yards/meters (check out a noise in the backyard) ____30-50 yards/meters (I have a big backyard)
10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output). ____90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical) 11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase ďyou get what you pay forĒ is very accurate for flashlights. ____Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box). 12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):
I donít care. 13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply. ____I want 2 light levels. (Brighter/short runtime and Dimmer/long runtime.) ____I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)
14) Material/Finish/Coating ____I donít care. 15) Special Needs/extras: ____Red filter (for preserving night vision) (If possible)