Klarus XT11-small review with interesting photos

FlashLion

Enlightened
Klarus XT11-short review with interesting photos

Hello.I want to share my impressions of Klarus XT11. I will post many photos so You can see every detail.Enjoy:popcorn:

sa550358r.jpg

The first impression of the appearance is great color anodisation-excellent dark gray anodizing.Very nice to touch.Impressive are cooling fins on the head not only for beauty.They do very good work.The clip seems stable,but I do not usually use this type of attachment for this size flashlights.The grip of the flashlight is very comfortable as the tactical ring adds strength to the grip.The cnurling of the flashlight is excellent.
sa550411ar1.jpg

sa551157a1.jpg

The LED Cree XM-L U2 is well centered.Anti-reflective toughened glass is absolutely clean and clear.
sa550569c1r.jpg
sa550400ar.jpg

Detachable stainless steel bezel is very good option and very stylish.You can buy extra accessories-colored filters and diffuser.

Both keys are of sufficient size and are easy to use.For me no need of time to get familiar with dual button design.The battery tube is very well sized thickness.Protected 18650 batteries fit very well.Forward clicky is quiet and comfortable to pressing.
sa550386br1.jpg
sa550383ar1.jpg

sa550582r1.jpg

Threads are high quality and thick enough although not square.Both head and tailcap threads are very well greased.

sa550394r12.jpg
sa550400r1.jpg

sa550407.jpg

compared with black flashlight

The hot spot of the light is very big (sometimes it's useful,sometimes not so) and bright enough.XT11 is not a thrower but thanks to the deep reflector and large amount of lumens the flashlight illuminates very far.I can see the light spot on a building which is 200 meters away from me.The medium lighting mode of 150 lumens is very useful when long run time is needed.The Low lighting mode of 10 lumen can be used for reading.
I did not test for the runtime,current consumption and brightness but You can see this information in other reviews.Visibly flashlight lit without much difference from 4.2 to 3.5 volts with 18650 battery.There is PWM but it's necessary to operate dual button switch.

sa550562r1.jpg
sa550563r1.jpg
sa550564r1l.jpg

High Medium Low
sa551198r.jpg
sa551183r.jpg

Textured orange peel reflector

Generally work with double button switch is very convenient and saves the rotation of the head or the search for the second button somewhere on the body.When I use this size flashlights I always use highest lighting mode so no memory is perfect for me.Quick and momentary access to strobe is another important thing for me.I can signal to someone very quickly and easily.Strobe can be activated from any lighting level.
sa551152r.jpg
sa550591r1.jpg

XT11 comes with the basic necessary accessories.
Тhere are some things that could be better,but generally the flashlight is very pleasant for use and is worth it.

sa551111r.jpg
sa551127r.jpg

sa551113r.jpg
sa551114r.jpg

My video review:high quality pics at the end:)

Outdoor beamshots :huh:
Here are:XML T6+52mm OP reflector(1.5A); Klarus XT11 XML U2; XPG R5+TIR optic(1.4A); XRE Q5+smooth reflector(1A); XRE Q5+TIR optic(700mA).(from right to left)
sa550340s.jpg

The distance is ~25 meters; Exposure time 8 s; F3.3
beams.gif

sa550436a1.jpg

sa550430a1.jpg

sa550431a1.jpg

sa550435a1.jpg

sa550439a1.jpg

sa550447a2.jpg

sa550441a2.jpg

sa550446a2.jpg

sa550442a2.jpg

sa550440a2.jpg

Enjoy :twothumbs

Last edited:

squareapple

Newly Enlightened
Nice images, should make the buying decision
much easier. I really like the closeup views,
looks like a well made light. The dual button
UI interests me the most, seems like a really
good solution.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thank You.The design and construction of XT11 are excellent.No sharp edges at the tailcap and it's easy to operate with the dual button switch.UI is the best tactical UI.

Last edited:

aL01

Newly Enlightened
+1

I was looking for some good XT11 photo's (other than stock) and found these...excellent photo's and a good idea-

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice photos, thanks for your work here.

One thing to watch out for though, CPF has size restrictions of a maximum of 800x800px and many of yours are bigger than this, so it might be worth resizing them before a moderator removes them.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thank You all for Your comments;) I resized my pictures.

Here are some beamshots:

sa550862t1.jpg

I compared Klarus XT11 to these flashlights.They are not a high quality flashlights as XT11 but We can compare their beams;).
Here are:XML T6+52mm OP reflector(1.5A);Klarus XT11 XML U2;XPG R5+TIR optic(1.4A);XRE Q5+smooth reflector(1A);XRE Q5+TIR optic(700mA).(from right to left)

sa550340s.jpg

sa551210s.jpg

sa551208s.jpg

All flashlights are not on the same angle to the surface of the table due to their shape.

sa550884s.jpg

Here distance is 5 meters
hotspots.gif

sa550422s.jpg

sa550423s.jpg

sa550424s.jpg

sa550425s.jpg

Enjoy:grin2:

Last edited:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klarus got the XT-11 99.5% right. There is very little on this light that needs correcting.

If the clip was attached with a screw down ring it would get my vote as the perfect light (for me).

FlashLion

Enlightened
I think XT11 should have more concentrated light hotspot because this XPG R5+TIR optic at 1.4Amp throws as far as XT11. I don't have comments on the construction of XT11. But most important is how convenient for use is XT11.I tested it outdoor in extreme situations and it was great.Really easy and fast access to full brightness and strobe when I needed.I am very pleased with it.

"why do you use this light for signalling?"
When you are on distance from your friend for example and you want to attract his attention without shouting,you can use your flashlight and the best way your friend to notice quickly is to use strobe.

Last edited:

recycledelectrons

Newly Enlightened
I've been buying budget lights, mostly WF-501 and WF-502 models for years.

I purchased a Klarus XT-11 as my second "over $25" flashlight. I ordered it from DinoDirect on 7-18-2012 for $71.99 ($69.99 for the light, plus $1.99 for insurance.) Before it shipped, they ran it on sale for $63.99, then raised the price back up. I never got a receipt, but "Summer" on this board helped me get a tracking number.

Shipping is a wash...no points awarded to either side.

After years of carrying a DX WF-502B with a MC-E P60 drop-in, I compared the two.

I can unscrew that dang glimmering strike bezel from the Klarus, while the WF-502B has the bezel built-in. (point for Klarus.)

The Klarus dual-switch design is great, as long as you hold the light correctly. I love the momentary contact and the instant-strobe functions. (point for Klarus) Tip: Use the pocket clip on the Klarus to orient the light in your hand so you get the 2 buttons in the right places.

The WF-502 is brighter with cheap batteries. (Half my batteries come from old laptops, and the other half are cheap free-shipping-from-China batteries. I do have x4 Panasonic 3100mAH 18650s on order, but they are not here yet.) (point for DX)

The pocket clip kinda works on the Klarus.It often pops off, and the last time it popped off, it fell though a hole in my pocket, and bounced off my shoe. As I was backing up to see what fell (sure enough) I stepped on it, breaking it. Now, the 2-button switch takes FAR TOO LONG to orient in my hand. (point for DX) A screw-on pcket clip would make this light usable again, but I don't feel like drilling and tapping it tonight.

Klarus offers a 2-year warranty, but that means I might have to have a receipt that DinoDirect never emailed to me. DX lets me order cheap replacement parts. (point for DX.)

The XT-11 will run off 1 or 2 cells, while this particular WF-502B will only run off 1 cell. (point for Klarus)

The WF-502B can be swapped out for a WF-502C or D, allowing me to extend the runtime. (point for DX)

The WF-502B can take various P60 drop-ins. (point for DX) Thermal issues have never been a problem for me, but that might be because of my cheap batteries.

The WF-502B is about $22 from DX, while the Klarus XT-11 is $71.99 from DinoDirect. (point for DX)

The XT-11's strobe is only the third light I've ever used that I can not look past. (The first was a laser dazzler, the second was a military light that a local tactical officer had to purchase through his department) (point for Klarus)

Let's see...the total is: Klarus 4, WF-502B from DX 6.

I'm sticking with my WF-502B.

I give up on Klarus. $71.99 down the drain!

Last edited:

FlashLion

Enlightened
Most of the manufacturers use the same type clips(not so good but they do it).So the problem is not just with Klarus.I can't comment about the pocket clip attachment because I don't use it.If you want to be sure the clip will not pops off and use it quite often just glue it.
I don't know about you but for me is really easy to use the dual button no matter how is oriented in my hand.
I carry my XT11 in holster(this is good for keeping the AR lens clean for max performance).

It's not serious to compare Klarus XT11 to WF flashlights.They are totally different class flashlights with different efficiency and reliability!!

Cree MC-E is quite old LED with not so good efficiency.P60 drop-ins are very bad heat transfer and I am sure the LEDs overheat-that's bad for efficiency.
I have a couple of flashlights from DX and 90% are with bad contact problems and the switches are with very high resistance.80% are burned driver.They work just because I know how to repair them,but I can not count on them...Maybe bad luck for me but can't forget how one of my DX flashlights burned after 1 minute at low mode and left me in the dark.I don't want to be in a dark night with my cheapy light(this is good for song:rolleyes:)
The price difference is not accidental. But everyone has different preferences so everyone decides what does the job better.

I don't know why you write your complaints in my review:thinking:. This is just a review.There are more suitable threads in the forum.

Last edited:

FlashLion

Enlightened
OK. I think if you really need a sturdy clip and want to carry the flashlight attached with a clip,you can glue the clip with silicon glue or other type glue.This will solve your problem with pop offs and will help you for using the dual button switch. Then you can enjoy your XT11. It's a very well made,reliable flashlight with excellent UI and looks alot better than WF-502 models.And you got the XT11 for 20$ less than most people!You should be happy with it.:D

Take care!

firelord777

Enlightened
Thank you flashlion for your efforts and great review. I know how much work it takes, and we appreciate it:D

Cheers