Surefire M3 Combatlight

Wolfman

Newly Enlightened
I would like to purchase a Surefire M3 Combatlight. Is there really an advantage in ordering directly from www.surefire.com, as opposed to buying it from www.tacticalflashlights.com? I was thinking that maybe the one coming directly from surefire would be the most up to date production model. Any other places where I could buy it?

Also, if you guys have any comments about this flashlight, I'd like to hear them. The only review I've been able to find so far was written by the moderator of this board (I think), but it didn't state how satisfied he was with the flashlight's performance.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF Wolfman!

How about an online store with the discount from their discussion board http://186thousand.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi Ken and his team have very good customer service and likely to have the latest versions of all SureFire's product line.

I have an up-to-date M3, and an older M3
The M3 is really cool with it's "HOLA" High Output Lamp Assembly (MN11). The standard Lamp Assembly (MN10) beam is not as round as I like, and I love the huge amount of light. I don't use the M3 that much so the 20 minute runtime lasts pretty well.

The reason why I don't use or carry the M3 much is because I really love the M3T - it's TurboHead version for the longer reach and stunning intensity of the beam. Again, I have the HOLA lamp installed, and I'm happy to pay for it's running costs.

The M3 & M3T are some of the finest flashlights ever made. Certainly they are basically in a class of their own, and I can personally say the M3T is built to take a beating and performs excellently under abusive and demanding handling.

If I can email you any photos of the M3, please send me an email of your requests and I'll see what I can do for you.

Enjoy your time here!

Best regards,

Al

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolfman, I suggest you call Dan at tacticalwarehouse and talk to him. He has the latest models of SFs, and will gladly open the box to make sure you get EXACTLY what you want. SF will tell you that you getiing the latest model, but it may not be the case. Ordering from surefire directly, a lot of steps-phone lady(which don't know jack about SFs)-her computer-warehouse computer-packing-shipping. Many mistakes. With Dan, it is a one man operation - he will pack your light while taliking to you on the phone.

Good luck.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
M3 is a GREAT light! It's the coolest 3- cell light in my view. I don't use it much though.
the beams of both LOLA HOLA are oval shaped.
If you have no prob on getting used to it, then
everyhing's fine.

sableco.net seems to have a better price. I think all the dealers now are supposed to provide new versions. The old version got off duty a long time ago after all.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Btw,strategos has free shipping and ships the M3 the same day and Ken is a great guy too.

Wolfman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys!

I really like this board, its very informative. As for the flashlight, I will try tacticalwarehouse.com, to make sure I get the latest M3. Better to be safe than sorry right?

I have considered getting M3T, but its not that much smaller than M6, which I plan to get. M3 looks like the largest one I could still carry around with me daily. Then I would have M6 for when I a really need a powerful light. I will think about it again however, since you recommend it.

How can you tell if an M3 is new or old version?

I had a 6C MagLite, its beam was very uneven, had a weird shape, so I don't think I'd have a problem with an oval shaped beam. How does M3T perform in this respect?

[edited] I just checked www.tacticalwarehouse.com, seems they are for US sales only. I am in Canada.

ygbsm

Enlightened
The M3 is a great light, but I find it a little large for EDC. I own three of them -- an old lexan lens round bezel; a pyrex lens round bezel (now has a KL3 on it); and a pyrex lens hex bezel. They all have FM series filters on them.

I agree with strategos as a good source. Another good place is the www.cutleryshoppe.com who have some nice prices ($180 for the M3) and great service.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Wolfman , here:
_88__17.jpg

nihraguk

Enlightened
M3 is a great light, but if you had the extra cash to spare i would advise an M2 and an M6. the M2 for most of your serious illumination needs, and the M6 when you really need a LOT of light
smile.gif

the M2 is small enough to EDC, but the M6 is not that much bigger than the M3, just fatter so if it makes a good light to leave in your pack or something.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have an m6 and an m3 you can use the m6 millennium series turbo head on the m3 and make an m3t that way...

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know for sure that Dan has the latest batch. I got mine from him.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Switched to M2, wolfman? Cool! M2, IMHO, is the best flashlight ever made on this planet!! Well,
at least one of 'em. Then you have KL3, SW02...
to go with.