small single cr123 torch

MattSPL

Enlightened
Hi

I'm looking for suggestions for a small, high quality torch that takes a singe rechargeable cr123.

Something like a HDS or Novatac 120M? Can these two torches take a 3.7v rechargeable battery?

Cheers
Matt

MattSPL

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply, that looks decent. What is the build quality like compared to surefire and Led lenser. I have both so should be able to get an idea from that.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i know for sure the HDS can. it would optimized itself for either cell.
im using a RCR123 in my surefire L1 right now, i think ive seen reports of the E1L being able to use RCR123 as well, but im not 100% sure on that one.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote is for the HDS. It is strong, well made and reliable.

The Surefire L1 is also worth considering.

MattSPL

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions.

The PC10 has impressive specs :)

I'll have to do a google translate on a German site to see if they have the hds lights in stock. They're out of stock in the uk.

Cheers
Matt

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run a Quark Turbo X with an AW 16340. (500 lumens, 10,000 lux)

Some good inexpensive ones are Olight i1 (xml) and Jetbeam BC-10 (xpg)

MattSPL

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions, they all look good.

Are the sunwayman v10r ti, and the surefire T1A(2012 model) worth considering?

Cheers
Matt

choombak

Enlightened
Both HDS and novatac do take rcr. I vote for HDS, however there is a several month backlog on these lights due to the perfectionist nature of the maker. Look around the marketplace and post a wtb if you want one.

Another option is to get a surefire e1e and replace the stock bulb with kuku's / veleno designs led dropin. Takes rcr, and is the smallest setup I have (in case you don't wish to wait for HDS)

--
pl. excuse brevity & possible typos - sent from a tiny device.

MattSPL

Enlightened
Both HDS and novatac do take rcr. I vote for HDS, however there is a several month backlog on these lights due to the perfectionist nature of the maker. Look around the marketplace and post a wtb if you want one.

Another option is to get a surefire e1e and replace the stock bulb with kuku's / veleno designs led dropin. Takes rcr, and is the smallest setup I have (in case you don't wish to wait for HDS)

--
pl. excuse brevity & possible typos - sent from a tiny device.

That's a great idea, thanks.

hook63

Newly Enlightened
The regular v10r is a great light the Ti+ has some problems so you might want read the ongoing thread before considering it.