Very difficult NOT to love AAA's these days.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love that more powerful and efficient AAA's are available.....It's nice to be able to EDC such a small light, and still have it do most everything you need. Here are the two I pocketed today, are you carrying one now?

6986353078_11b4d1e97f_c.jpg

cccpull

Enlightened
Yep, sure do.
ltg-serac-s2-main.jpg

Not the most powerful, but it fills the bill.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is that knurly mother you got there?

In the original poster's pic? He has a Liteflux LF2XT on the left and a Univex AAA titanium on the right. Both are no longer available and very hard to find.

I'm currently carrying a DQG III AAA.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we're talking 'keychain' lights, then yes, an AAA light like a Maglite Solitaire can be fine, or even those 'coin lights' that Battery Junction (and others) is giving away. I've got a little 4x357 button, 3 LED 'Chang Special' on my keychain and it's fine for most of my needs and at $2, it's no loss if I lose it.

Now, for an EDC pocket carry light, I just got a Xeno E03 in and it's a pretty smallish light that can run on any AA sized battery, so why not go this route with three times the capacity of a AAA and not a whole lot longer, or thicker? The outputs are greater, as well, even on alkalines vs. Li-Lion.

Chris

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we're talking 'keychain' lights, then yes, an AAA light like a Maglite Solitaire can be fine, or even those 'coin lights' that Battery Junction (and others) is giving away. I've got a little 4x357 button, 3 LED 'Chang Special' on my keychain and it's fine for most of my needs and at $2, it's no loss if I lose it.

Now, for an EDC pocket carry light, I just got a Xeno E03 in and it's a pretty smallish light that can run on any AA sized battery, so why not go this route with three times the capacity of a AAA and not a whole lot longer, or thicker? The outputs are greater, as well, even on alkalines vs. Li-Lion.

Chris

Yeah, you're kinda missing the point of the thread...:laughing: It's about my appreciation of AAA lights, not alternatives.

zenbeam

Enlightened
I am carrying a Fenix LD01 at this moment - at work. I pretty much carry it throughout the day since buying it. I carry my E01 at home. And I keep an E05 by my mancave recliner. I really like the E05 - it is so tiny and yet so well machined and knurled - and it is the first light to teach me to appreciate an intentionally "floody" beam.

Sure, you can get fairly small lights with a AA and have more power and runtime than AAA. I have a couple of neat AA lights (well one is a 2x AA - yet awesome!). But.... there is something to be said for miniaturization and today's ability to get quite a bit of function out of such tiny form! I personally just find it intriguing. :thumbsup:

Draven451

Enlightened
I'm glad you like the Univex AAA Titanium. :thumbsup:

I love mine (TIR optic version) and edc it very often.

Today you caught me carrying a AA sized cell! :ironic:

But I prefer to carry the AAA/10440 sized lights.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you like the Univex AAA Titanium. :thumbsup:

I love mine (TIR optic version) and edc it very often.

Today you caught me carrying a AA sized cell! :ironic:

But I prefer to carry the AAA/10440 sized lights.

I'd love to get my hands on the TIR version as well, would be nice to compare side by side.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
beautiful light, i would want one too.
i am not sure though if it is REALLY practical as EDC keychain pendant.

the weight.

I carried the R2 version for over a year. My daughter wanted it so I just bought this R5 version a couple weeks ago. Getting harder and harder to find since they were a limited edition. I carry this on my keychain and I don't even notice the wieght. I've seen people carrying keychains that need a body builder to lift. This is hardly noticable. LOL