Lux-RC FL33 v2 just arrived

fabienne

Enlightened
Just got it yesterday and been playing around with it. Here's some of the pics I've taken

Specification
IMG_0232.jpg

Comparison with other triple led module

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Head part
IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Body and Tailcap
IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Holding position comparison
IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

Tint comparison
I set camera white balance to daylight
quad-xpg coolwhite left
triple nichia 219 hi-cri middle
triple xp-g neutral right

Though between nichia 219 hi-cri and neutral xpg is almost the same visually, only different by the tint little bit. Neutral xpg is more pinkish, while Nichia 219 is more greenish. But the photo below shows much more contrasting image
IMG_0210.jpg

Draven451

Enlightened
I have been curious about these lights and have not seen any reviews. What do you think of the build quality and function of the light? Does it have multiple modes accessed by a clicky?

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice flood monster to add to your collection. Strictly speaking it's not flood, but more of a very large hotspot. I still think of my XPG triples as flood monsters :)

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why these lights don't get more attention than it does. They seem to be beautifully crafted and they take full advantage of the L334 light engine. It's the same engine as in the Oveready triple dropins but with more features enabled. Maybe the styling is a bit controversial? I, myself, like the design. I've been wanting to purchase one with the Nichia leds but I'm not sure what's the best way to contact Lux-RC to place an order.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think my wife has one of these. I found it buried in her closet when I was plundering through her stuff the other day. Do you find the constant buzzing to be annoying? :crackup:

fabienne

Enlightened
I don't know why these lights don't get more attention than it does. They seem to be beautifully crafted and they take full advantage of the L334 light engine. It's the same engine as in the Oveready triple dropins but with more features enabled. Maybe the styling is a bit controversial? I, myself, like the design. I've been wanting to purchase one with the Nichia leds but I'm not sure what's the best way to contact Lux-RC to place an order.
Go for it, I like the nichia led very much. I find the tint very pleasing indeed, neutral tint-hi-cri.

As for the holding, it takes little bit more effort to getting used to it since I've been so used to handling Modoolar triple and other flood monster with switch in the tailcap.

I think my wife has one of these. I found it buried in her closet when I was plundering through her stuff the other day. Do you find the constant buzzing to be annoying? :crackup:

Actually I've been using the light most of the time in high, and just realized it now that there's buzzing in the low. So I guess the buzzing problem's not yet solved/reduced though.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the light get hot? How fast?
For example when tailstanding inside at room temperature or when walking outside in the woods? What happens when it gets too hot? Does it just step down to a low mode or is it a gradual decrease in brightness?

What kind of runtimes do you get on high?

Are there any problems worth mentioning?

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the look of the shorty with the single 18350 battery. But it doesn't have as high an output level, or much runtime.
The longer length models have less appeal to me.

The initial impression of appearance is very striking, but I think the very glossy finish gets visible fingerprints all over it too easily. And I'm not too sure if this styling isn't a bit too "over the top" to be a timeless design.

If I got one, it would be the 18350 pocket model.

grayhighh

Enlightened
Congrats Yoni for your new light.

I keep checking their site and never know this is available. Yoni, how do you get it ?

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Yoni for your new light.

I keep checking their site and never know this is available. Yoni, how do you get it ?

The reservation for a run of 100 Lights (v3) will be opened this month. They will ship around Christmas.

pulstar

Enlightened
Does the light get hot? How fast?
For example when tailstanding inside at room temperature or when walking outside in the woods? What happens when it gets too hot? Does it just step down to a low mode or is it a gradual decrease in brightness?

What kind of runtimes do you get on high?

Are there any problems worth mentioning?

I own the V1 FL33 with natural chrome finish and 18700 tube, with 10W XP-E module installed. It gets hot, but never too hot to hold in the hand. When the temperature protection kicks in the light goes into low mode. Heat dissipation seems to be really good. The only issue i had was the button stiffnes, but this problem only applies to V1. Newer versions come with redesigned full ceramic button.

Last edited:

Latest posts