Are there any options for a reverse clicky switch on a 6P/9P?

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of ordering a multi mode drop in. I can't stand forward clickies for mode switching though.

Any options of installing/modding a switch to a reverse clicky in the Z41 or other housing?

Of course I'd prefer to stick with something well constructed and not some Chinese cheapy. It needs to handle 3.5a.

Thanks.

fyrstormer

Banned
As far as I know there are no reverse-clicky options that can handle 4 amps @ 8.4 volts (which is almost 30 watts, btw), and the reason is because reverse-clicky keeps you from using the light in momentary mode. It's not "tactically correct", as some people like to say.

Forward clicky really isn't that hard to use; you select the mode you want, and THEN you fully-click the switch to lock it in the ON position. Sorry to say, but the reason reverse-clickies are diminishing and forward-clickies are spreading is because forward-clickies offer better functionality.

It's *possible* that a FETtie electronic switch would give you the functionality you want, but it does have a tiny bit of standby drain.

Last edited: