very frustrated

fishndad

Enlightened
I refusr to throw away this Mag Light 2cell D. My little guy broke it down and we havnt been able to find the tail cap with spring and seal. A new tail cap assembly costs just under $7. no biggy,but Zbattery charges like $9. for shipping.
Why dont they just say **** off and buy another light:naughty:
I cant find anywhere else who has this in stock,any help?:scowl:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
chances are you will have to pay as much for a cap as you would for new light, inc. 2d are around $15 now.

sassaquin

Enlightened
Maybe try a WTB ad on the Marketplace, chances are someone might have one kicking around they'd sell you cheap with low cost postage. Can't hurt.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest folks who have done Mag Mods - many of them have ended up with tail cap switches. Did they drill & mod the original switch? Maybe they have some lying around. I've replaced the tail on 2 of my C size mags, but not the D size.... Try asking Chris at Mac's Customs...

budynabuick

Enlightened
What color you need? Black? PM me your address I will send you one (tailcap, spring, o-ring), no charge.

Very good! +1 I looked for one (for fishndad)and don"t know where I put it. I"ll find it when I"m not looking for it. I also have with sentimental value (it"s very old).
Keith

fishndad

Enlightened
thanks arek98. In p.m. i forgot to say color {blue but black will be fine] i just got new batts. and led bulb from sears my boy will really be excited.

And yes fever i could but i would still have this mostly complete light. So the saga would continue.
I have purchased at least 3 lights knowing all i really needed was a tailcap assimbly.

arek98

Enlightened
Sorry but I don't have a blue one and black one is deanodized inside (all I have are, I did it in batch for spring mod - shorter spring at the bottom to fit 2x26650 in 2D Mag).
Is your Mag LED? I can send you spring with soldered wire to reduce resistance but this one is bent on the bottom and spare bulb may not fit with it. Gold one is extra anyway.

Tailcap.jpg

fishndad

Enlightened
no its not an led i dont really need to store an extra bulb but i do plan o putting an led bulb upgrade in it.
whatever spring youn think will work is cool.thanks

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
We have our very young grandchildren over a lot, and I find that some of my flashlight stuff disappears, but it does show up later. Keep looking.

Bill