What is your Surefire 6P setup?

Norseman2

Newly Enlightened
I have a SF 6P running 2 - CR123s and the OEM P60 bulb. (I know boring right?)

I want to see what you experienced addicts are running/suggesting?

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened
My 6P is bored running with a 18650 battery and a Malkoff M61 drop in.

Larbo

Enlightened
Mine has a M61W and a tactical hid ss crenelated bezel, and runs on a AW17670 cell.

Daekar

Enlightened
My 6P has a body made by forum member Fivemega that can hold an 18650 lithium ion battery, and it is powering an EO-4 incandescent lamp from Lumensfactory. It's about 150 lumens out the front for over an hour.

If you're willing to spend the money for a charger and the lithium ion batteries, then it's a cost-effective way to enjoy incan light without feeling guilty about burning through regular batteries. If you want to keep using Surefire batteries, then your best bet is an LED dropin, like the others have suggested. Since you find the Malkoff a bit pricey, you might find the LED dropins (found in the D26 section) at Lumensfactory a bit more your taste. The three-mode warm-white high CRI version is $28, and the single mode is $24. A great deal for a unit that will produce a good spectrum and good output. There are many others, some of which may be cheaper, but you get what you pay for in this hobby!

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
My 6P is an old-school round one, so I couldn't replace the bezel if I wanted to.
I have a "soft-press" McClicky switch in it. Tried the hard-press based on reviews, but found it inconvenient for mode-switching duties.
I don't much care for twisty action, so I haven't tried a Zero-Res - but I am interested in the robustness and current-handling.
I run 2xCR123.
Currently, I have a 3-mode NailBender neutral XM-L in there.
When I get the M61 neutral hi-CRI Nichia 219 drop-in for my C2, I'll put my M61W back into the 6P - where it came from, and where it belongs.
I don't think I'll go back to the hard-press boot, however.
I have 3 Surefires, and in a week I'll have 3 M61's (W, 219, and L HCRI.) I'm going to pair them up as my "Always dependable, indestructible, never fail me" lights.
(The Low-output HCRI is in a G2z.)
The neutral XM-L will give new life to a SolarForce L2P. I do like it a lot, and NB does great work, at competitive prices.
For some of my other P60 hosts, I have (or am getting) a NB XR-E optic, EDC+ neutral XM-L, and vinhnguyen54 Nichia 219 drop-ins. These can be considered nearly as good Gene's - not as robust, but more mode and emitter options, and quite a bit less expensive.
I also have several of the SolarForce XR-E and XP-G drop-ins. They are quite good for the price, and I haven't had any functional problems with them, but they either have too many or too few modes and I lost the tint lottery on all but one.
I was going to try the LumensFactory Hi-CRI D26 module, but selected the EDC+ instead because I've bought some lights from Jason and wanted to give his drop-in a chance. I should get it next week, the same time as my new Malkoff - so I can't say for sure how good it is as yet.

Last edited:

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I have two 6P's. One is sitting on my rifle with a Malkoff M61HCRI and the other is in a bored 18650 6P with a brand new M61 219. All are running the surefire twisty switch for reliability purposes. I use clicky hosts for mulit-mode dropins and twistys for single mode dropins.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
dont have a 6P, but i do have a C2, G2, G2Z, and a 9P coming, all with various malkoffs :)
couple with McClickies, nothing fancy, kind of boring actually, but reliable and everybody in the family can easily operate.

Last edited:

mbw_151

Enlightened
I have 4 6Ps all with Malkoff M61NL running 123s, two in cars, one in the truck and one spare. I wanted something with maximum reliability, the 6P/Malkoff is my choice.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bored for 18650 and Orange cerakoted 6P with Black Flat Xeno stainless steel bezel ring (genuine Borofloat lens) and OR McClicky kit in the tail... running Malkoff M61W (5000K)...

Norseman2

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like I gotta spend the coin and get the Malkof M61, huh?

I want to power my light with 1 X AW17670 rechargeable. Would the M61 still be my best choice of bulb with this?

samwise

Newly Enlightened
I have a 6p running a warm single mode solarforce dropin and a g2 running the stock p60l. I also have a generic no name led dropin that came with the g2 when I bought it on ebay but I dont trust that one 100% although it is quite bright, would love to try a malkoff but I just can justify the cost.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stock Laser Products - round bodied 6P running a Malkoff M61 on a single AW17670.

KISS UI (on and....er...off) and utter utter reliability makes it difficult to warrant changing this setup one jott.

Me like.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
6P with a Malkoff M61W on 2XCR123s,using an aftermaket bezel with a stainless slightly crenelated ring.I also like the stock switch/single mode in keeping with the KISS principle

arcane

Newly Enlightened
6P powered by a beautiful Malkoff M61 [Nichia 219] with orange soft-press McClicky, UCL lens, and smooth brass finish SS bezel ring.
Running on 2xCR123.