Max brightness for under $50

ltk1144

Newly Enlightened
Im just looking for and reccomendations on the brightest possible lights below $50. I also will not get any that dont have a pocket clip so go ahead and suggest but that is a requirement. Thanks!

fishndad

Enlightened
i myself am unenlightened, but at sears they had craftsman 240 lumen looked like maglights
they also had 1 light that looked like it took 1 or 2 18650s.big thrower hed with the heat disipating grooves around it.
i had to get out quick though my wifey is not a lover of my new spending habbit.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
for a few dollars more you could get a zebralight sc600 in the cpf market place... they usually go for around 65-85 and have a "turbo" mode of 750lm that steps down to 500lm after about 5 minutes

also check out the romisen rc-t601 II xm-l u2 on shining beam dot com - claimed max brightness of 750lm - OTF is probably lower than that but its $28 and i have heard good things about it in the budget lights forum

Danielight

Enlightened
for a few dollars more you could get a zebralight sc600 in the cpf market place... they usually go for around 65-85 and have a "turbo" mode of 750lm that steps down to 500lm after about 5 minutes

also check out the romisen rc-t601 II xm-l u2 on shining beam dot com - claimed max brightness of 750lm - OTF is probably lower than that but its $28 and i have heard good things about it in the budget lights forum
I was also going to recommend the Romisen light that jmpaul320 is suggesting. However, it doesn't have a pocket clip. It does come with a lanyard attached. For the price (< $30), it can't be beat!

spc smith

Enlightened
if you have an old surfefire 6P or g2 nitrolon, lighthound sells an xml led dropin made by solarforce at $20 netting around 700 OTF lumens. even better would be to get a solarforce host light at about $16 and and that same led dropin and that can all be had for less than $50. i have a lighthound xgp r5 340 lumen dropin in my surefire 6p and it works quite well even to my klarus xt11 on high.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Im just looking for and reccomendations on the brightest possible lights below $50. I also will not get any that dont have a pocket clip so go ahead and suggest but that is a requirement. Thanks!

What is it about the brightness you need?

Some lights are able to spread abroad pool of light over a large area, which takes a lot of lumens, some lights can project a small circle of light that looks bright on a distant target, but everything else is dark...etc. Some people see the light as "Brighter" that throws the beam the furthest, some, that the beam covers the largest area.

What did you want the brightness to "Do"?

:D

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get the new Eagletac D25LC2 from LightJunction for ~$56 shipped. Good thing about that light is not only is it small and bright but you can either use 2x CR123 or one 18650 Li-ion rechargeable.

It would be a good investment to get the light and now and use cr123's and when you can get the 18650 rechargeable Li-Ion battery and charger. I would suggest the Eagletac 3100mah 18650 battery for ~$15 and the 4sevens single bay Li-ion charger ~$22.