Need a Single Cell EDC Light to Replace my RRT-0 [250Lm+, RCR123, Multi-Mode]

Tactikool

Newly Enlightened
Hey CPF,

I'm in need of a new EDC Light. I've got an RRT-0 and really don't like the new 01. I'd like to see what else is on the market since I've really only been with Jetbeam.

I'm looking for a single cell RCR123 (Rechargeable Compatible Required) 250-270+ Lumen Light that is very high quality and durable.

I own the RRT-0, and 3x Jetbeam III-M. (2x 225Lm, 1x450Lm)

Thanks!

Best,
Tactikool

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

Less than $250-300~

3) Format:

I want a flashlight for EDC use.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

EDC Light, Small single cell CR123.

5) Emitter/Light source:

____LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) Manufacturer:
(High Quality would be nice, so either/or)
____I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.
____I would consider getting a light that is pieced together (for example a "host" or flashlight body from one manufacturer, and a "drop-in" emitter from another source). Under the right circumstances, this path can provide more options to the consumer to meet specific needs, and can often be easily upgradeable as technology improves.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

Rechargeable, Extension tube for AA's a plus. RCR123's Preferred.
____I intend to use rechargeable lithium (li-ion) chemistry. Feel free to specify a size if you know which size you want (14500, RCR123/16340, 17500, 17670, 18650, etc.)
____I want a light with an integrated rechargeable battery. (Note: these choices may be very limited unless you are looking at spotlights)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).

270-350 Lumens would be my sweet spot.
____I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (150-300 lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

____5-20 yards/meters (check out a noise in the backyard)
____30-50 yards/meters (I have a big backyard)
____50-150 yards/meters (I live in a very rural area/farm with wide open spaces)
____150+ yards (I want maximum throw possible)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).
Runtime is less important, at least 15-20minutes.
____Up to 30 minutes (I want the brightest [and potentially smallest] light for brief periods)
____30-60 minutes (I have plenty of batteries just ready to be changed)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.
Leaning more towards Critical
____Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).
____Critical (Police, Fire, Search & Rescue, Caving, Survival).

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):
Any of the below is fine, I really dig metal switches or heavy duty switches.

____I want a forward clicky (Helpful for momentary activation and signaling).
____I want a reverse clicky (For use with multi-mode/level lights).
____I want a tail mounted switch (found on the majority of today's high end lights).

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
I'd love a selector ring but really need different levels and a strobe mode is critical.

I need a low output (couple lumens) for night light bounce or power outages.

Beacon (blink blink -pause- blink blink) or similar is very useful when outside at night.

SOS is a plus, but not required.

____I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)
____I want a programmable light.
____I want a selector ring.
____I want a strobe mode. (Blinks to show location.)
____I want SOS mode.
____I want a beacon mode.

14)Material/Finish/Coating

Titanium a plus, would love a satin finish or a darker color (Tacticool = Awesome!), must have a good clip like the Nitecore Ti lights have.

____Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today's flashlights).
____Stainless steel (durable, but much heavier than aluminum)
____Titanium (durable and nearly as lightweight as aluminum, but can be moderately to significantly more expensive).

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.

Filters would be a plus, such as red. Must have a belt clip or option to clip. If the light has extension tubes for AA's that would be great but not required.