Flashlights You Bought This Month - May 2012

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked up a Fenix TK12 to replace the Malkoff MD2 as a bike light. There's nothing wrong with the Malkoff, I just got sick of taking it off everytime I wanted to go for a run at night, plus the TK12 has a tighter beam which is what I'm after anyway.

Also picked up a Fenix PD20 R5 to replace the Quark AA2 Tactical in my EDC bag. Again, I got sick of taking it out of the bag everytime I wanted to use it around the house. So, the PD20 is the new resident in my EDC bag, which actally makes it a little lighter. Got about 50 CR123s I've had in the drawer for two years, time to use 'em.

Norseman2

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a used Surefire 6P n-a. Then I found this forum and talked myself into building a flashlight of my own. I have on order: Solarforce L2P with a Solarforce XM-L 3-mode running off of a 18650 3100mAh protected rechargeable. I'll put together something nicer in the future thanks to everyone helping educate me Lol

3a19b1c1.jpg

Last edited:

zenbeam

Enlightened
Well here's a rather eclectic bunch!

- Romisen RC-27 II Q5 "flood to throw" (2x AAA)
- Xeno E03 XM-L T6 Cool White in "Deep-Sea Blue" (1x AA or 1x 14500)
- Inova X5 (2x CR123A) Black
- Zebralight SC600 XM-L Cool White (1x 18650 only) WHAT A FLASHLIGHT!!! I KID YOU NOT!!! :thumbsup:

Each of these lights is rather unique in its design and purpose. And so far, each one has more than met my expectations.

It's been a very bright May 2012. :)

fishndad

Enlightened
quark 1232 turbo X its ok,
jetbeam bc20-returned it exchange for quark AA2 X
jetbeam pc10 hasnt
Mag led bulbs for 3d cel
EOSLAMP SMA12 just ordered

Last edited:

CoherentRays

Newly Enlightened
Well, after carrying a little NEBO led light on my belt for a few years, and having another one on my nightstand for nighttime bathroom runs, I decided to get my wife a new nightstand light after she pointed out that she would like something better than her mini mag. I selected a Fenix LD15. Then I decided to try a Fenix E11 for myself.

Then, after reading quite a bit on CPF, I thought I'd add a Fenix HL21 headlamp to make my rewiring project in our crawlspace go a little easier. And then I thought I'd better replace the 3 D cell mag light in our car with a Fenix TK35.:naughty: Of course I needed a couple of Panasonic 3100 mAh 18650s and a couple of packs of Lithium CR123As for backups. Got the order in yesterday and everything is being shipped now. Should arrive the end of this week or early next week.

That sure is going to be an expensive nightlight that I ordered for my wife. :sssh: I sure hope she likes it. :)

Ishango

Enlightened
Besides the Sunwayman V10R I bought earlier this month, I ordered a Fenix LD01 yesterday since it was on a daily offer at my favorite Fenix lights supplier. Since I love my 47's Preon 1, Olight i3 and iTP EOS A3 I figured another light in the same category (three settings, AAA battery) would definitely fit in my EDC rotation.

Bertrand

Newly Enlightened
Didn't buy any new complete lights, but I did buy two Malkoff drop-ins. (M61 and M91W). And switched all my lights over to rechargeable cells (Mostly Because I got the new SureFire RCR123's)

Kirkgar

Newly Enlightened
Quark Tactical QTL
And after considering how fun it would be to light up the town water tower from my yard (among other uses), an Olight SR-90 is on its way and should be here by the weekend.

q3131a

Newly Enlightened
Bought a Bayco TAC-200. Impressive thrower with excellent spill. I got mine at almost half off market price, not sure if it's worth what the going market price for it is.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
I've got a Sunwayman V10R T6 with the Sand Finish coming from BJ. I've been waiting since August for this one to become available.

mckey

Newly Enlightened
Romisen RC-G2 III Cree XP-G R5 Flashlight "Black" (1xAA great value and one of my favorite new cheap lights.

Fenix E21 my first fenix seems like a nice light for the price.

loquutis79

Enlightened
My Klarus XT2C was at the start of the month and my Eagle Tac D25LC2 XM-L U2 Clicky is in the mail as I type.
I needed the Eagle Tac after the saddness of not having a clip on the otherwise GREAT light that the Klarus is. [Come on Klarus, get that clip made and ready to order!!!]

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2L AA, and soon to be delivered 2 E2Ls and a yellow G2. Hopefully the E2L's are the original 45 lumen models with insane runtimes. My collection is lacking models with longer runtimes.