Now that you guys got me addicted help me pick my next light lol

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
going to be a backup/carry light don't want to go walking with only one setting like 600+ lumens that'd be seen a mile away so has to have a high or med setting aswell preferably 130-300 lumen.

did alot of reading and can't decide between these 2:

Klarus XT11
Eagletac G25C2

also kinda digging the new Lumapower Sidekick IV but can't find much info on it. The fenix RC10 would be perfect but a little larger than what I want to carry round long trips with handgun on night walks through the woods

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klarus has a great one handed interface but doesn't have a really low ouput.
G25C2 is very vesatile in that you can re program the light. It uses a twisty two handed head to change the modes. The G25C2 will throw a little better. Either light is a great high quality item. The klarus will work with flat top 18650 cells the EagleTac requires button top. You can get body extension kits for the EagleTac that are not available for the Klarus

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
not too concerned about a low output just a 130-300 setting which is avail on these lights the klarus has 150lumen setting for 7 hours the eagletac a 320 setting for 3.5 hours.

BullsEyeLantern

Newly Enlightened
Both are great lights. I chose the G25C2 because of the hinged filter system, extender tubes, and tail standing ability that the Klarus did not have.

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Both are great lights. I chose the G25C2 because of the hinged filter system, extender tubes, and tail standing ability that the Klarus did not have.

Agree here. The hinged filter is awesome, you can either a diffuser or a color filter and it's simple flip on or off and still fits in the standard holster! Extender tube great for long run times. I really love this light.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote goes for the Eagletac G25C2 because it throws better and seems more impressive.

fishndad

Enlightened
just got the addiction myself.ive started with jetbeams and quarks $45-$100. but i must say my friend who got me hooked buys
fenix. hes got i think 10 fenix lights along with various others.
all of his fenix lights are clean in design and nice beams.he swears by them.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
just got the addiction myself.ive started with jetbeams and quarks $45-$100. but i must say my friend who got me hooked buys
fenix. hes got i think 10 fenix lights along with various others.
all of his fenix lights are clean in design and nice beams.he swears by them.

There are so many nice lights out there...if you stick with ONE brand, you are missing out on a world of potentially better lights.

I use mine for work, so I have categories they fit into - and I get others to see if one might work better in a particular category than another.

I have quite a few different makes as a result, because what's great for one application might be lacking in another. Some brands have a ton of lights that are similar, but might just run on different cells...or use different form factors, or even UI's.

Some UI's are amazing in some applications, and a PITA in others...if I'm hanging off a ladder inspecting a long crawl area...I need a decent throwing light, but with one handed operation...I can't use the other hand to turn a dial or twist a head or tail cap, etc...but, for other applications, I'd much RATHER simply turn a dial than cycle through a bunch of clicks to get what I need....and so forth.

I do forensic inspections, so its rare that a light is TOO bright...but it MIGHT be too big to carry where I need to go, or not have the run time, or have too much of a tight beam to see as much at a time....and I also do disaster response, so - again, its rare that the light is too powerful, but, other practical limitations do arise.

If you are a "collector", and the lights are like stamps...you NEED to have ALL of them, well, sure, you HAVE TO buy every light they make...plus revisions and special editions and the Ti, and so forth.

If you actually need to SEE stuff in the dark, well, you DON'T need 27 Fenix, or Klarus, or Surefire, etc, lights...you just NEED what will WORK, for YOU.

So, I'm not a collector, I'm a power user.

:devil:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
TEEJ's statement is pretty much on the money.
What works for some does not work for others. I almost never use a Moonlight or firefly mode and find for my use anything in the 10-25 lumen range is about as low as I like.
As a police officer if I could get something that had 2-3K lumens with 2+ hour run time in the size of a Surefire 6P style body that had a low of 25-30 lumens and 2-3 settings in between with a one handed strobe operation I would think that would be great.

As it right now I carry a Klarus XT-11 on the duty belt, a Quark 123^ tactical as back up in a pocket and a 7G5v2 as a distance light (in the battle bag).

These three lights cover me for 98% of my needs. I currently run an XT-10 on my duty carbine but that may change shortly.