custom gold m@g light mod eh fiction!

mr.lumen

Enlightened
so i'm trying to modify the gold m@g 1D i got from fivemega, amazing job btw. ok i am new to this and am not sure everything i need to build this light. let me tell you what i want so you can tell me what i need :)

i'm going with the 3x17670 rechargeable li ions. so at this point that's all i have.

id like a nice bright led drop in with multiple levels high, low or high,med,low. whatever is available. sst90 or xml i guess.
don't know if i need a custom heat sync or if that comes with the drop in.

id like a gold reflector. i know that will make the tint of the light slightly warmer so im looking for a cooler tint led to compensate, i don't mind the loss of lumens going with the cooler led, that's why i want a real bright set up. (read something about lumen loss when using a gold reflector and cool led since it reflects more of the warmer temp light.)

id also like a gold metal replacement switch which would allow for the multi levels i requested from the drop in above.

lastly a machined aggressive m@g strike bezel. (could be one made from a stock m@g bezel and machined or a more aggressive replacement bezel.)

as you can tell im going for an all gold look here haha. this is more for looks than practical use but i want it to be nice and bright shelf queen.

thank you for any help and insight you can offer! :)

mr.lumen

Enlightened
sorry meant to put this in my first post. for inspiration to help me!

536100_10101047927925888_5719778_59968991_21940628_n.jpg

mr.lumen

Enlightened
am i in the wrong place? some one please direct me where i should post this so i can get some insight please :)

Toaster79

Enlightened
There are so many mag mods here you shouldn't have troubles finding exactly what you want searching the forum.

Cool white leds are brighter than neutral or warm ones due to thinner layer of phosphorus. Combining cool white led with gold reflector (which will be royal PITA finding one) might lead in color shift towards green (yellow+blue=green). If you ever manage to find a gold plated reflector I would recommend using at least neutral white bin if not warm white.

FatRat

Newly Enlightened
There are alot more qualified members here to answer,but since your feeling like no help i'll give my thoughts.

If your pockets are Deep,you might find what your looking for.And most dropins arent much better than mag led run at 4.2V (my opinion)Otherwise,Get an H22A heatsink,XML on 14mm or smaller board,2.8A multimode 7135 driver.There is a p7 build thread that covers this.You could gold leaf the switch,get a SS or aluminun bezel and have it plated($).And if its going to be a user i would eventuly go to a 32650 battery.No idea about the gold reflector.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
duely noted sir. i am desperately trying to find one. but we shall see. i heard you can gold plate plastic so i might try to send the stock one to get plated. but i need to find the proper drop in that will work with the 3x17670 batteries first to make sure i can use the stock reflector.

There are so many mag mods here you shouldn't have troubles finding exactly what you want searching the forum.

Cool white leds are brighter than neutral or warm ones due to thinner layer of phosphorus. Combining cool white led with gold reflector (which will be royal PITA finding one) might lead in color shift towards green (yellow+blue=green). If you ever manage to find a gold plated reflector I would recommend using at least neutral white bin if not warm white.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
my pockets are deep for this because it will be my first mod light and last for a while so i want it to be just right. does the p7 thread show were to buy all those things? im still new to this. could you send me the link for that thread please? what is gold leaf? do you know where i could get the bezel plated? cause i could get the reflector plated there was well since im sure i wont be able to find one on here. its gonna be a shelf queen and i have already purchased the battery holder and batteries so i need to find a drop in that can run on the 11v current that battery set up delivers. and i appreciate any input so thank you.

There are alot more qualified members here to answer,but since your feeling like no help i'll give my thoughts.

If your pockets are Deep,you might find what your looking for.And most dropins arent much better than mag led run at 4.2V (my opinion)Otherwise,Get an H22A heatsink,XML on 14mm or smaller board,2.8A multimode 7135 driver.There is a p7 build thread that covers this.You could gold leaf the switch,get a SS or aluminun bezel and have it plated($).And if its going to be a user i would eventuly go to a 32650 battery.No idea about the gold reflector.