New Lumapower EDC Series

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently received samples of Lumapower's new EDC series for review, and it's going to take me a little time to review all of them, so I thought I'd go ahead and toss out some preview pictures!

Also, if anyone has any questions about these, feel free to ask here and I can be sure to cover it in the reviews.

LM21

LM31
file.jpg

LM32

LM33

Family Photos

file-1.jpg

file.jpg

Last edited:

Faynard

Newly Enlightened
How's the clip on the aaa?
How does the click feel, any issues with accidental activation (say, when carried in a back pocket next to a wallet)?
Looking forward to the review, thanks!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Gryffin

Enlightened
Is the switch of your LM21 rather stiff like mine?

Can't speak for the OP, but mine is fairly stiff. Since it's pretty exposed, I'd rather it be stiff rather than have it accidentally turn on in my pocket.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really interested in all of these lights, and am looking forward to your reviews. I'd like to know OTF lumens on each of the battery chemistries and overall impression of each switch (is accidental activation an issue at all?) Thanks in advance Bigmac!

radu1976

Enlightened
I can't wait for Bigmac 79 runtime graphics ...
However LM series - at least LM21 - seems way overrated, according to this review http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/lumapower/14116-review-lumapower-lm21-lm33.html, LM21 puts about 30 lumens on MAX using Ni-MH AAA.
No surprise why a CPFer noticed that his LM21 is less bright than the MARATAC AAA on HIGH ... I would say considerably less bright !
The output combined with the stated runtime for LM21 and LM31 were too good to be true.
Personally I don't mind 30 lumens as well as is nice regulated ... can't wait till I get mine and I hope the clickie won't be too stiffy ! But once you've been spoiled with MICROSTREAM I clickie ... it's hard to be happy with the other AAA clickie lights.

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice! the lm21 is the aaa powered one, right? it can do 10440s right?
10440's are officially supported. Unfortunately, it looks like AW 10440's will not work in the LM21 (according to the Lumapower release thread over in the Manufacturer Corner).

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
10440's are officially supported. Unfortunately, it looks like AW 10440's will not work in the LM21 (according to the Lumapower release thread over in the Manufacturer Corner).

Lumapower's website rates the LM21's output on 10440s at: 12, 220, 350 lumens. Very nice!

Sucks that it won't run on AW 10440s though.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait for Bigmac 79 runtime graphics ...
However LM series - at least LM21 - seems way overrated, according to this review http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/lumapower/14116-review-lumapower-lm21-lm33.html, LM21 puts about 30 lumens on MAX using Ni-MH AAA.
No surprise why a CPFer noticed that his LM21 is less bright than the MARATAC AAA on HIGH ... I would say considerably less bright !
The output combined with the stated runtime for LM21 and LM31 were too good to be true.
Personally I don't mind 30 lumens as well as is nice regulated ... can't wait till I get mine and I hope the clickie won't be too stiffy ! But once you've been spoiled with MICROSTREAM I clickie ... it's hard to be happy with the other AAA clickie lights.

30 lumens on high? ouch! Lumapower rates it at 100 lumens on Nimh. Wonder why there's such a huge discrepancy. 30 lumens on high seems awful low for an XPG light.

LowFlux

Enlightened
I don't think Lumapower does ANSI lumens, only emitter lumens.

Still waiting to receive my LM21, I should have it in the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think Lumapower does ANSI lumens, only emitter lumens.

Still waiting to receive my LM21, I should have it in the next couple of days.

Even then it sounds like their numbers maybe off. There's no way 70% of the light output should be lost into the emitter and lens with only 30% going out the front.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to relieve some speculation, I'll jump in real quick and say this now. I am not confident I have my light box calibrated well enough to give an exact output in lumens, but I will say this: on NiHM, the LM21 high mode is significantly brighter than other lights with a modes around 30 lumens, but still dimmer than those with modes around 100 lumens. So, it's somewhere in between.

LowFlux

Enlightened
Received my LM21 yesterday...a few thoughts:

Fit and finish are perfect.
Tail clicky is very stiff, as mentioned by others. This makes mode changing a little difficult.
I haven't yet tried it on a 10440 (going to try adding some solder to the top of my AW) but it's impressively bright on NIMH.*
Good hot spot (similar to many of my other XPG lights) with reasonable spill...no surprises here with the small reflector.

*this is my first AAA light so I don't really have anything else to compare to.

For a $30 light I think it was money well spent.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I said above a droplet of slicone oil placed inside the battery tube at the bottom made the operation of my LM21's switch much easier.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alrighty, I've started the LM21 review. I've just posted the pictures so far, but you can go check them out and keep an eye for the rest of the review soon.

Lumapower EDC LM21