Any SF Maximus user reviews yet?

RNDDUDE

Newly Enlightened
I have an old SF Minimus, the newer updated Minimus with lanyard, and the new Maximus rechargeable. I was wondering if anyone else has used the Maximus and their thoughts about it....

RNDDUDE

Newly Enlightened
Well, it is heavy due to having an 18650 in it, so I installed the optional over-the-top head strap from a saint, which really helped stabilize it without having to cinch the headband too tight. Up/down position adjustment has multiple small increments that click audibly and hold position rock steady. Light adjustment knob is pretty low friction so one-handed adjustment works well and does not change the lights up/down position at all, which was sometimes a problem on the Minimus models. Oh, and the light output at 500 lumens is crazy bright. On other nice feature is that the charger comes standard with multiple adapters that allow it to plug into all non-US wall outlets.

akflash

Newly Enlightened
Can you easily change the battery?

That's my question, too. I haven't seen any info stating the battery can be removed and that's a deal-breaker for me. When the battery runs out of charge, it will likely be when I need it most and I won't be able to wait to charge it. I need to be able to swap in a fresh one and carry on!
So I guess right now my ST6 is top dawg for me. I sold off my saint because the output was too low, but at least you could replace the batteries easily.

twdant

Newly Enlightened
So far, I am impressed by mine, though I don't see any way to remove the battery. The piece that the strap hooks onto is apparently made of plastic, which kind of surprised me considering it's a Surefire, and mine is now broken. I don't recall any hard drops or smushes, so we'll see how Surefire's no hassle warranty holds up to their new website structure and new product line.

RNDDUDE

Newly Enlightened
18650 Battery is NOT removeable as the charging circuitry is built into the unit.