PK Design Lab
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First and last Klarus, poor customer service

Default Re: First and last Klarus, poor customer service

Quote Originally Posted by vickers214 View Post
    I have had a P2a for a few month now and my first impressions were positive, great build and UI, my kind of light.

However I noticed that when the head was loose to change the mode it fickers, and after emails back and forward, when I chased them up as replies were slow, they told me they had sub contracted some the lights to Jetbeam, and sent me pictures of the different springs.
    These lights had a shorter silver spring meaning that the batteries dont make good contact with the head, and I explained that the retaining ring on the switch is stuck and wont budge so I need a tailcap, I was offered a switch.

If I want a tail cap I have top pay 25% of the light price and postage, and for me when you have accepted there is a problem you should bend over backwards to rectify it, I had an Eagletac clip fall to bits on me, and it was replaced no questions asked Klarus wanted photos, where I bought it from, and have not offered what I would call a reasonable solution.

I am not taking this any further as it is a cheap light, and can be fixed with a magnet ( which I will chase up over the MP ) but what a poor show

I had the same experience with Klarus customer service my tailcap in my xt20 kept loosening up even when all the way tight like the threads weren't cut correctly or something and they wanted pictures and all kinds of stuff I told them just to send me a tailcap and they said for me to get one from the dealer I bought it from I told them they dont stock just tailcaps and they said to tell the dealer they will send them a new tailcap, I dont understand why they couldnt just send it to me

Enlightened

Customer service is everything. Just seen the new Klarus RS11 and I want that light.
    Now, I know very little about Klarus but know alot about customer support.
    Pictures ? are you chidding me ?
    I'll hold off on my purchase,
    there's too many other manufacturers that I can choose from.
    If it's a fluke I can understand.
    We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwolcott View Post
    I had the same experience with Klarus customer service my tailcap in my xt20 kept loosening up even when all the way tight like the threads weren't cut correctly or something and they wanted pictures and all kinds of stuff I told them just to send me a tailcap and they said for me to get one from the dealer I bought it from I told them they dont stock just tailcaps and they said to tell the dealer they will send them a new tailcap, I dont understand why they couldnt just send it to me
    You dealt with KlarusLights USA (klaruslights.com) right ????

If you did, you should be forewarned that they are just a reseller. They might look like Klarus, but they are not Klarus Lighting Technology Co., Ltd. located in China.

Honestly, you can still buy Klarus and/or other chinese lights if you buy from good retailers like GoingGear.com If you have a problem they will be sure to help you, and they will contact Klarus for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooby View Post
    Honestly, you can still buy Klarus and/or other chinese lights if you buy from good retailers like GoingGear.com If you have a problem they will be sure to help you, and they will contact Klarus for you.
    GoingGear is a pretty good bunch of guys. Marshall works hard and it shows in his customer service and his reviews.

100% recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by ledmitter_nli View Post
    You dealt with KlarusLights USA (klaruslights.com) right ????

If you did, you should be forewarned that they are just a reseller. They might look like Klarus, but they are not Klarus Lighting Technology Co., Ltd. located in China.

no I dealt with Klarus China and talked to Sara from China
    Last edited by Bwolcott; 06-12-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooby View Post

thats where I bought it from they are taking care of me

Given the chatter about the various lights we see here...Klarus seems to be one of the best, not one of the problems. I'm sure any company can drop the ball once in a while....buddies of mine have had various service nightmares with Surefire for example, and their individual stories and experiences would lead one to believe that Surefire has HORRIBLE customer service.

That doesn't mean Surefire has horrible customer service though, just that they dropped the ball once in a while just like anyone else.

The usual quality of Klarus products is not in question. There products are known to be of good quality. The discrepancy is in the customer service. Every company; flashlights or otherwise will have a defect occasionally the measure of a company is HOW it handles these defects.

I personally will not purchase anything direct from china, Hong Kong, Tiawan or otherwise with out the insulation of an American seller.

All the product, no matter which brand, cant guarantee 100% perfect products. So if the customer bought a defective product, it is the duty of the manufacture to repair or replace it.
    love Fenix!

Quote Originally Posted by TEEJ View Post
    Yeah, a buddy of mine had to send his Surefire back ~ 3 times, and they never made it right, he was so pissed at them for poor customer service, he tossed the still defective SF into a drawer, as he felt even if they DID manage to fix it, he'd never trust it again anyway.
    What kind of problems did he have with the SF?
    Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

Quote Originally Posted by madecov View Post
    Every model from every brand has a lemon once or twice. An assembly person has a bad day, maybe you get the last unit off the CNC before the tools were changed. Every company has dropped the ball on customer service at least once. It happens.
    Every model is also built to a price and subject to sub contractor variance. The primary issue is if the manufacturer actually takes care of you.
    Having goods manufactured overseas can be problamatic concerning service. I hope Klarus stands up and takes care of the issue. It really doesn't cost them that much to replace the light in total. Having a warranty does not help much if the manufacturer does not back it. Here in the USA we have a Klarus authorized distributor who is going to stock parts and do in house service.
    this.
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12