PK Design Lab
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

  1. #1
    Flashaholic zenbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    281

    Thumbs up The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Nite Ize FAMT-03-01 Tool Holster Stretch


    A holster review by zenbeam?
    I suppose, but specifically from the standpoint of it being used for the Zebralight SC600 (flashlight of awe).



    I bought this holster almost a year ago to accommodate a couple of my pocket knives. It works the best with my Victorinox Trekker Swiss Army Knife - but I only carry it when I go out to one of my country properties to do some work. Since starting my flashlight collection, I have been hoping that this holster would just happen to fit one of my nicer lights so I could get some more regular use from it. And man, did I ever finally come across that light! The Zebralight SC600 that I just received yesterday! Fits this holster like it should've shipped with it included in the same retail package!



    This holster is designed for multi-tools primarily and probably pocket knives a close second. It has the rigid, protective build of an EagleTac D-series holster (with a much better snap I might add) and yet it's flexible in that it stretches to accommodate various sized items. And as for that snap, this one not only holds the flap closed more reliably than the EagleTac D-series holster, but it also does NOT allow the bare metal of the underside of the snap to come into contact with the contents of the holster.



    This holster has a very solid plastic belt clip that rotates 360 degrees. I prefer this to metal (like the Fenix A206) and it does feel every bit as strong. It is firm enough to not "spin around" freely when bumped and yet easy enough to turn by hand to each new position stop (about a quarter turn per stop). It can be worn vertically or horizontally. I prefer horizontally as it seems less conspicuous (e.g., at work) and so it is less in the way when seated or bending over, etc. But when worn vertically, it isn't so lengthy that it becomes cumbersome - it depends on what area of your waist you place it (back, side, etc.).



    The holster doesn't allow for the flashlight to be in use while still in the holster on your hip like Nite Ize's Flashlight Holster Stretch or Fenix's A206 (both of which I own and appreciate) - but that is because of the nice flap that protects your expensive lens while worn.



    The Zebralight SC600 fits this holster like a glove! It needs to stay bezel up. Don't be fooled by the slightly large appearance of the holster. Under that rigid "shield" piece on the front, there lies the two "stretch" halves that are pulled rather taught by elastic straps - so that the body tube of the SC600 is far from "loose" in there. It is snug as a bug in a rug, yet you don't have to wrestle with it to slide it out for use - or to put it back away.



    In short, they couldn't have custom built a better holster for the Zebralight SC600! This is a very solid and practical way to protect and get more use out of your investment - the beauty that many of us have come to know as the Zebralight SC600. And I consider this holster extremely well built for the price - under $10 delivered. In fact, it's practically a steal. And this of course is all in my absolute, humble, if not rambling on somewhat, opinion.
    Last edited by zenbeam; 05-08-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5


  2. #2
    Flashaholic* tobrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia Highway 441
    Posts
    4,317

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    thank you for this awesome review! i'm about to grab one from Amazon now, thanks!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

  3. #3
    Flashaholic* nakahoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dulles VA
    Posts
    1,056

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    I would break that plastic clip off in about 10 minutes. I have destroyed countless phone clips like that one getting in and out of vehicles. It might work for Light duty.

    I use the following holster for my SC600 - Link

    Its actually made for knives / Magazines but it works perfect for the SC600, and it slides onto your belt, there is no way your ripping this thing off and losing your light. Its built very well and even holds a pen, very handy!

    They are very inexpensive, I picked up 4 of them and they last about 6 months with EDC usage. The Velcro wears out but the SC600 fits in nice and snug so it wont fall out.

    I have to give credit to my buddy Navistar for suggesting these.




    Its a bit rough looking now but its built tough.


    -Bobby
    MLR<3

  4. #4
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Your humble and rambling opinion is much appreciated. I use a Nite Ize holster for my phone and love it. This looks just perfect. Thanks for the review and pics.
    Deus Vult

  5. #5
    Flashaholic zenbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    @tobrien & @bodhran - You're quite welcome!

    @nakahoshi - That is a very workable holster you've got there. And I hope my excitement for finding a matched partner for my Nite Ize holster and sharing it here does spawn positive critique and alternative suggestions. I must say though that I've gone through about 6 or so broken cell phone belt clips myself - mostly at the hands of my car seatbelt! So I know what you're talking about. I have to say though that the clip on this Nite Ize holster is quite a lot tougher than a typical cell phone belt clip. And if you wear it horizontally, I have no doubt it will hold up quite well in the long run. From an aesthetic standpoint, I have to say the Nite Ize have it. (corny I know.. lol)
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5


  6. #6
    Flashaholic* CarpentryHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,830

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    I have a Thors Custom Leather holster for my SC600, it fits snug because it was built how I asked it to be built
    Another light that fits it nicely is my HDS 120 modded U2 XML



    See how cozy the sc600 is in there, custom fit with my initials on it.
    Last edited by CarpentryHero; 05-08-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

  7. #7
    Flashaholic* jhc37013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,212

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Yes to anyone looking for a great SC600 holster search CPF for "SC600 holsters" and look for the thread that has all the pics from Thors custom Leather, as CarpentryHero shows they are fantastic!
    My flashlight collection HERE

  8. #8
    Flashaholic Pandorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Good info.
    I am considering that holster myself. Currently I am using a Maxpedition 4 inch flashlight holster which isn't bad either.



  9. #9
    Flashaholic* nakahoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dulles VA
    Posts
    1,056

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by zenbeam View Post

    @nakahoshi - That is a very workable holster you've got there. And I hope my excitement for finding a matched partner for my Nite Ize holster and sharing it here does spawn positive critique and alternative suggestions. I must say though that I've gone through about 6 or so broken cell phone belt clips myself - mostly at the hands of my car seatbelt! So I know what you're talking about. I have to say though that the clip on this Nite Ize holster is quite a lot tougher than a typical cell phone belt clip. And if you wear it horizontally, I have no doubt it will hold up quite well in the long run. From an aesthetic standpoint, I have to say the Nite Ize have it. (corny I know.. lol)

    If the clip is built better than most plastic clips you have a really nice option there! I do like the idea of a quick detachable holster but Ive had nothing but busted clips with all the ones i have ever tried.

    Your holster is much nicer looking, but I consider mine to be a hard working mule.

    The Custom Leather holsters look great too, Its hard to pass up an option for under $10 though!

    Good Find!

    -Bobby
    MLR<3

  10. #10
    Flashaholic zenbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Definitely have to give kudos to those custom holsters!

    I might find myself seriously looking into to having a dual sheath made for a specific flashlight and folding knife combo!
    Ever notice how easy it is to generate ideas that cost $$$???
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5


  11. #11

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    I found that I can't get my SC600 in the Nite Ize holster without using two hands - it's too tight. Makes it hard to use when it's on my belt.

    This holster fits the SC600 perfectly and is well made. I've been using it at work for a few months now without any issues. Really can't beat it for the price at Manafont - $5.20 SHIPPED!

    http://www.nextorch.com/en/accessories/holsters/V1438/

    http://www.manafont.com/product_info...holster-p-5715

  12. #12
    Flashaholic zenbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by g.p. View Post
    I found that I can't get my SC600 in the Nite Ize holster without using two hands - it's too tight. Makes it hard to use when it's on my belt.

    This holster fits the SC600 perfectly and is well made. I've been using it at work for a few months now without any issues. Really can't beat it for the price at Manafont - $5.20 SHIPPED!

    http://www.nextorch.com/en/accessories/holsters/V1438/

    http://www.manafont.com/product_info...holster-p-5715
    At first, to insert the SC600 into the Nite Ize holster, it does take one hand to steady the holster to overcome the initial tension. But I've found that after only two work days, the holster has adjusted somewhat to the light and now I can put the light back into the holster one handed with relative ease. It didn't occur to me to mention that because it did "break-in" for me fairly quickly.

    But the holster q.p. points out is certainly a nice one. It would come in handy actually to have both types of holsters to choose from depending on what you might be doing while carrying a light. At these price points, I would have to say it would be a good idea to have both!

    I would almost grab the Nextorch holster myself, but two small things hold me back - not a fan of the white lettering on the flap, and I do prefer horizontal mounting when possible. The riggers sheath posted by nakahoshi comes closer to what I would want in an alternative, but it does seem a little flimsy-ish for $9.

    okay... lol... I do think some great alternatives are being posted. I'll stop offering counter-points to each suggested holster... But I did want to point out that the Nite Ize does break in fairly quickly and allows for one-handed use (at least mine did).
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5


  13. #13
    Flashaholic Pandorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by zenbeam View Post
    At first, to insert the SC600 into the Nite Ize holster, it does take one hand to steady the holster to overcome the initial tension. But I've found that after only two work days, the holster has adjusted somewhat to the light and now I can put the light back into the holster one handed with relative ease. It didn't occur to me to mention that because it did "break-in" for me fairly quickly.

    But the holster q.p. points out is certainly a nice one. It would come in handy actually to have both types of holsters to choose from depending on what you might be doing while carrying a light. At these price points, I would have to say it would be a good idea to have both!

    I would almost grab the Nextorch holster myself, but two small things hold me back - not a fan of the white lettering on the flap, and I do prefer horizontal mounting when possible. The riggers sheath posted by nakahoshi comes closer to what I would want in an alternative, but it does seem a little flimsy-ish for $9.

    okay... lol... I do think some great alternatives are being posted. I'll stop offering counter-points to each suggested holster... But I did want to point out that the Nite Ize does break in fairly quickly and allows for one-handed use (at least mine did).
    I had the same problem with my Maxpedition holster. The elastic on it made one-handed operations difficult. My solution was to simply cut off the elastic strap. Now it is much easier to get in and out. The Nite Ize also seems to have elastic straps though I can't tell from the pic if they can removed without affecting the holster.

  14. #14
    Flashaholic zenbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandorum View Post
    Good info.
    I am considering that holster myself. Currently I am using a Maxpedition 4 inch flashlight holster which isn't bad either.


    For some reason, I didn't see that image earlier today when I saw your post. Not bad! I actually have a bunch of maxpedition stuff in my Amazon cart for some future canoe and camping expeditions I'll be going on. Never used their stuff, but it sure looks good and seems reviewed well.

    Does that holster mount horizontally and/or vertically?
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5


  15. #15
    Flashaholic Pandorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by zenbeam View Post
    For some reason, I didn't see that image earlier today when I saw your post. Not bad! I actually have a bunch of maxpedition stuff in my Amazon cart for some future canoe and camping expeditions I'll be going on. Never used their stuff, but it sure looks good and seems reviewed well.

    Does that holster mount horizontally and/or vertically?
    Hehe, I just uploaded the pic.
    It can be mounted both horizontally or vertically.

  16. #16
    Flashaholic zenbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandorum View Post
    Hehe, I just uploaded the pic.
    It can be mounted both horizontally or vertically.
    That would explain the mystery image! lol

    Thanks for the info!
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5


  17. #17
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    The clip is the same as the one on my Nite Ize phone case which I have carried almost every day for the past two years. The clip shows no wear at all and it has never come off my belt. For me this will be a quality holster for my sc600w that I don't have to thread my belt through everytime take it on of off. I work 24 hr. shifts so that is a plus.
    Deus Vult

  18. #18
    Flashaholic* tobrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia Highway 441
    Posts
    4,317

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by bodhran View Post
    The clip is the same as the one on my Nite Ize phone case which I have carried almost every day for the past two years. The clip shows no wear at all and it has never come off my belt. For me this will be a quality holster for my sc600w that I don't have to thread my belt through everytime take it on of off. I work 24 hr. shifts so that is a plus.
    very good to hear, thanks for the reassurance/testimonial!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

  19. #19
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Recieved my Nite Ize holster today and it does indeed fit like a glove. Just a little snug right now but not to bad and I'm sure it'll loosen up a little with use. I have the Nextorch holster and it does work, but a little to big for my 600. Once again a big thanks to Zenbeam.
    Last edited by bodhran; 05-12-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Deus Vult

  20. #20
    Flashaholic zenbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by bodhran View Post
    Recieved my Nite Ize holster today and it does indeed fit like a glove. Just a little snug right now but not to bad and I'm sure it'll loosen up a little with use. I have the Nextorch holster and it does work, but a little to big for my 600. Once again a big thanks to Zenbeam.
    Awesome! It will "break in" and loosen up a bit with some repeated use. Mine was about a year old when I did this write up, and already rather "broken in" before I ever put the SC600 in it. I think just leaving the light in the holster overnight a few nights should loosen up the elastic nicely. Otherwise, glad you like it! I know the title of this thread "The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster" is a bit "showy", but it sure seems to come close!
    Last edited by zenbeam; 05-13-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5


  21. #21
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    I did break in nicely. Goes with me everywhere now.
    Deus Vult

  22. #22
    Flashaholic zenbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by bodhran View Post
    I did break in nicely. Goes with me everywhere now.
    Kewl! Glad to help someone find this great match for such a great light!
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5


  23. #23
    Flashaholic* hivoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Newark, Ohio
    Posts
    787

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    I just ordered one!!
    Fenix TK35 & 75 / Eagtac TX25C2/Jetbeam RRT-0/Fenix TK10 /Nitecore EC25/Olight S10/Photon Rexlight / ...and on and on!!

  24. #24
    Flashaholic Pandorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Got my Nite Ize holster yesterday and I like it better than my Maxpedition holster because it uses snaps. Everytime I opened the Maxpedition, the loud velcro sounded like I was ripping a huge sheet of paper.

  25. #25
    Flashaholic zenbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    I think I'll have to ask Nite Ize for a commission on these holster sales! lol... j/k!

    For a $95 flashlight, this holster just turned out to be too near a perfect match for it and of such solid quality, it just had to be shared.
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5


  26. #26

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Thanks for that. I'll buy one.

    It's surprisingly difficult to get a holster to fit this light. E.g. I looked at all the holsters at Deal Extreme and none seemed suitable.

    I wonder what the spare pocket on the Nite Ize could be used for? It is designed for a bit set and unfortunately is too small for a spare battery. Any ideas?

  27. #27
    Flashaholic zenbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by David18 View Post
    Thanks for that. I'll buy one.

    It's surprisingly difficult to get a holster to fit this light. E.g. I looked at all the holsters at Deal Extreme and none seemed suitable.

    I wonder what the spare pocket on the Nite Ize could be used for? It is designed for a bit set and unfortunately is too small for a spare battery. Any ideas?
    A lens cleaning wipe packet or two for the SC600?
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5


  28. #28
    Flashaholic* HighlanderNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Posts
    1,358

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    This is a great thread! It should help Zebralight choose a good holster to start including with the Sc600 like they should've been doing all along, especially since it costs $105, and many other cheaper lights come with holsters. I have an SC600, and I hate having to spend more money because they were too cheap to give up a holster with their lights. That darn light didnt come with squat! Even the box was cheap(not to mention the anodizing!)

  29. #29

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    These holsters have helped me realize the SC600 is not for me. If I was still a first responder, I would feel differently. Are there any professionals without the obvious need for a torch-at-the-ready wearing these out there?

  30. #30

    Default Re: The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

    Quote Originally Posted by HighlanderNorth View Post
    This is a great thread! It should help Zebralight choose a good holster to start including with the Sc600 like they should've been doing all along, especially since it costs $105, and many other cheaper lights come with holsters.
    Agreed. It is a no-brainer that they should provide holsters with the lights. If made in China (like the light) they should be able to be made for much less than $1 per piece, about 1% of the light's price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •