What was the ONE light that got you hooked...

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell us about the ONE light the started you down the road to being a flashaholic.

For me, it was the introduction to the original HDS. When I saw a pic of it, I thought it was very intriguing. When I was finally able to play with one, it was all over. Still one of my absolute favorites, I will always have a few in my collection.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here, HDS U60XR...

It still my favorite one, even if I own many other fine lights. There is just something magic about that little tank, like the buzzing noise on the highest level...

Darien

Newly Enlightened
For me, it was a 3C m@g that I modified with a KIU socket with the WA1185 bulb, modamag reflector and stainless recessed tail cap (forgot who made those) driven by AW batts. Amazing! Modded M@G's were what hooked me. Still loving the hotwires.

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
Surefire kl4. Handed it to someone at work, in a dark patrol car. He points it at a white paper he was filling out and pushed the switch... Lit up most of the parking lot we were in just with the bounce back!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I guess for me it was the surefire L2. Other than being a bit long it was perfect with a floody beam and two stage momentary twisty. I would just pull it out and lightly tap the end and shine it for a second or two to light my way.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
maglite mini 2xAA in a metallic blue color. cant even remember how old i was when i asked my parents for it.

mhs

Newly Enlightened
In 2004, when I was 14, in month periodical I saw article like: "News in LED flashlights". I was playing with crappy incandescent torches since I can remember, but It was the first time I saw real high end flashlights - Streamlight tactical series TL-2, TL-3, their led versions and TwinTask. At that time, the one that fascinated me the most, was Streamlight TwinTask 2L - xenon bulb and 3 leds in one head was something so unusual and ingenious and impressed me so much I couldn't sleep after seeing that. The prices were so high, but from that moment I knew in future I must get it somehow... And that's how it all began :)

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark for me... moonlight did it, love dim lights that run forever on a AA

Kirkgar

Newly Enlightened
Quark MiniX123 did it for me. Never had a light this small and versatile - it goes everywhere I go.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a Rayovac sportsman extreme rated at a whopping 45 lumens (my new EDC is rated like 10 times that). I already had two 1-year old rayovacs, but before seeing that one, I thought I had bought the last flashlight of my lifetime. BOY was I wrong! Two weeks later I was already shopping for more and more...

davyro

Enlightened
I started out with Mags years ago but the light that turned me into a full blown flashaholic was my first HDS,i'm actualy sitting here with it in my pocket now.I just love it & always will.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
WF606A or something; some DealExtreme light that put about 300 mA through a Cree XP-E in an OP reflector. But it was the brightest thing I'd ever had...

I'll try to recall what light I first used in a long dark tunnel. Hrm.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
I think it was a little black plastic light with a red logo, It came in a clam pack with a larger 2c black with yellow stripe and 3d black with blue stripe light, also a 2AA light with a teal stripe...way back when I was a little kid. I still remember it, super aggressive knurling, plastic lens, head screwed off to put in one AA cell that seemed to last forever. I'm sure I've been a pure blooded flashaholic, even moreso than my dad since birth. Sadly, I managed to forget it at a table at a chinese restaurant out in queens or brooklyn...I was only 2 or 3 at the time and the loss was tremendously traumatic :( I still sigh when I think about it now. sigh. At least I still have the large 2c and 3d flashlights i guess :/ Compared to even the more expensive budget plastic stuff that's put out today, these lights can hold their own quite well. I think I'll mod one for old times sake lol

bltkmt

Enlightened
Mine was probably the Draco - amazing little thing that blasted a ton of light. I owned two and never should have sold them.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had MagLites, but once I picked up a little Fenix P1D, it grabbed my attention as to what these newer iterations could do and do it in a smallish package vs. my 6D MLs.

Chris