Light for boat

HlcptrPLt

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

New to the forum and love it, it has been very helpful, my learning curve is vertical.

I have been looking for a good high quality handheld spot light for my duck boat. The 2 million cp rechargable ones aren't cutting it. This light seems to fit the bill.

Ebay Item number: 140750677389

Does anyone have any experience with these lights? (jw speaker)

I have 2 batteries in the front of the boat for my 24 volt trolling motor, so power won't be an issue.

Thanks,
Dave

Please Do Not post Links Directly to Ebay = Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
those would be 35 watt, probably in the 5000K color range, and with the reflector/lensing, more likely to be flood then spot. will have fairly low power draw (2-3A or so), but limited to the 24v source. if your looking for a bright flood light, those should do the trick for ya. :)
Welcome to CPF!!!! :welcome:

"... for my duck boat." "...fit the bill."

Ahem, yes, that is a good light. It will put out much more light than the cheap halogen spotlights. From the look of the optics, it should provide a wide, floody pattern. If you want something to see further, without having too much glare up-front, you may want something different.

hahoo

Enlightened
better get something with a big *** throw and very little spill on a boat..........
trust me the spill will blind u at night,...........

better get something with a big *** throw and very little spill on a boat..........
trust me the spill will blind u at night,...........

If it's for duck hunting, it's probably on smaller lakes and rivers, I'd imagine you wouldn't need to see all that far. It is fun to use my HID spotlight on the water though :)

HlcptrPLt

Newly Enlightened
If it's for duck hunting, it's probably on smaller lakes and rivers, I'd imagine you wouldn't need to see all that far. It is fun to use my HID spotlight on the water though :)

Light arrived today, hopefully wire it up tonight and test it out.

The river I hunt is about 1000 ft across at most, the light is for illuminating the banks as I pull up from mid river, not worried about the loss of night vision as it will be used when I get to my spot. Not looking for long distance, more of a big picture type of light.

Hopefully my cell camera can capture some beam shots.

Thanks for all the input.

Dave

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
my suggestion would be to hold the light up high and behind your head slightly, as one would with a camera flash. this will reduce forward glare and provide the best illumination point forward for wide viewing.

GoldLS1

Newly Enlightened
I too have been looking for a good duck boat light. I think I'm going the 240 lightforce route tho. I'll start with halo and if it yields the beam I want I'll upgrade to HID. I'm looking for more far and spot. Any flood will BLIND you on the water.

Don't forget to post some pics!!