Solarforce L1200 replacement bulbs

EduardS

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that the Solarforce L1200 actually uses Philips Focusline 5761 bulbs?
These bulbs are meant for 6 volt (30W), that seems not right, so much overdriven.
Searching the forum I saw that WA 01185 are suggested as replacements.
These are 9.6 volt, does this mean they will last longer as the Philips ones?

Regards from the Netherlands,
Eduard

EduardS

Newly Enlightened
Okay, after hours of searching on the forum I still do not know for sure if the Philips 5761 is used in the L1200, but it seems like it could be. Also found that the WA 01185 indeed can be used as a replacement and probably has more lifespan than the Philips albeit with little bit less lumens. And also found that there are more options for replacement bulbs, for instance the Hikari 5607.

andyw513

Enlightened
When I needed a replacement bulb for my firethrower, i just bit the bullet and bought the solarforce brand bulb. I paid quite a bit for the two that i purchased, but since one blew and I replaced the other over a year ago, I still have one in storage for a later date. I'd have to look at the bulbs side by side to tell if it is the same one as a focusline, and have been out of the loop for quite some time on here and am unaware of the Hikari.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not had a lamp failure, but bought a replacement lamp to have on hand. Easy, simple, expensive. (Actually compared to other lamps not so much!) I'm told that LF makes one, but I've not seen one.