Nichia 219 order arrived from Illumination Supply!

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am actually going to take my time w mods, for one thing I don't actually have many lights... Gonna make a 12V work bench lamp and eventually power it w LiFePO4 12V charged by solar panels by day and wood fired thermo electric by night... But as for mods, I've got a climbing helmet thats getting low profile high CRI flood pretty soon. ;-)

wquiles

Flashaholic
Time to get excited!
Yup - these LED's are awesome!

DSCF8593.JPG

Will

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Nichia NVSL219 H1 from IlluminationSupply are $5 each and this is for a premium bin you cannot get anywhere else, B10(100-110L), 92 CRI typ., Vf=L (2.7-3.1), sw45(~4500K). Basically the best of the best from the 219 H1(HCRI) series.:thumbsup:

I've seen the specs from LEDrise and they are incorrect as they include mixed info from different 219 types, and from what I've been told their H1 (HCRI) are warmer (3000K) than the XPG HCRIs.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just put together a P60 drop-in using the 219 from illuminationsupply. This is my first high-CRI LED and I am dumbfounded! Everything I point it at looks like the color I am expecting! I thought my neutral white triple XM-L light was pretty well neutral, but after this one it is a sickly green

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am from the US, I got 5 Nichia 219 pre reflowed onto 10mm bases... for just shy of 40$. I'm currently just messing with one of them on a bread board.
I also got 5 of the Cree 3000K HCRI on 10mm bases at the same time, along with an A011 FlexBlock 700mA Controller and 2 500mA MicroPuck boost converters. I'm going to worry about optics later, going for pure flood for my first tries, copper water line end caps for light body, plugs of lexan or small recycled magnifying lenses for first lenses.

fwiw: http://www.luxdrive.com/content/MicroPuck-Applications.pdf

Last edited:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe both the rectangle and triangle mark the cathode of the device.

This light is amazing, high CRI is not for snobs, everyone should get one of these!

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone confirm these numbers? I would say that these leds can produce on a torch@1,5amp 200-250 OTF.

Oddly enough, Gene got 235 OTF (without the window) on a M61 219 - which is the Nichia at 1A. (we underrated it to 200 OTF after window losses).

I wish I had a true sphere to test but they're rather pricey.

Craig

faklya

Newly Enlightened
The Nichia NVSL219 H1 from IlluminationSupply are $5 each and this is for a premium bin you cannot get anywhere else, B10(100-110L), 92 CRI typ., Vf=L (2.7-3.1), sw45(~4500K). Basically the best of the best from the 219 H1(HCRI) series.:thumbsup:

I've seen the specs from LEDrise and they are incorrect as they include mixed info from different 219 types, and from what I've been told their H1 (HCRI) are warmer (3000K) than the XPG HCRIs.

These leds look great. How can one get them?
I'd take one or two, can send paypal, I'm located in Romania, Europe.
Thanks

faklya

Newly Enlightened
Just as an FYI, I got some Cree XM-Ls from LedRise and they shipped from Romania. So you have a "local" LED supplier!

Now that is funny, when I type ledrise.com, it won't load and says:"We are sorry, this website is not available in your country."
What is their proper site?