Help me choose an EDC :)

cplusplus

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a light with these features:

- Something compact but with power and throw.
- 1 AA
- I prefer neutral white
- $60 Max preferably $50
- Durable - doesn't break easily
- High quality aluminum like the ones used on Fenix and 4Sevens lights.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for helping!

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it should be in the recommendation subforum. That might get you more input.

Just a couple bucks over your max is the Zebralight SC51. They do a pretty good job of milking the max power out of a AA form factor without using 14500 but aren't all that throwy.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xeno E03 v.3 with neutral white XM-L T5 for $33 before delivery. Red, blue or black. Screams on a 14500, but does well on regular AAs. Three modes, medium, low, high and it's got a G.I.D. tailcap boot and lens o-ring, for a nice added touch. You need to get the pocket clip as an 'extra', but that's no bother.

I've been carrying one in blue and it's a nice little light. I want an EagleTac, or ShiningBeam next, the latter being a 123 format.

Chris

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you want cheap get an Olight i2 EOS. it's an ultracompact AA twisty w/ 3 levels. nice secure clip. tailstands. very very useful 2 lumen low. 80 lumen max on nimh. no memory so it always predictably turns on at low which is good.

put in a 14500 and you more than double the output at max, yet low and med pretty much stay the same.

or spend a lot more on a sunwayman v10a. very nice magnetic control ring lets you dial in from an ultra-low sub-lumen low to a 400+ lumens on the XM-L version when using 14500.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The 4Sevens Quark MiNi AA with a 14500 is pretty damn bright, has a beam pattern much more to my preference than lights costing hundred$ more, is incredibly compact (almost smaller than the battery itself!) and has three very useful ranges of output for $40.

Check it out.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
JetBeam PA10 - XM-L T6: 140 lumens but 650 with 14500 (turbo only) which will give you a very good throw for a light of this size.
Fenix LD10 - XP-G R5: rated at 100 lumens but independent reviews rate it over 140 lumens. Can take a 14500 but only works on turbo.
Klarus XT1A - XP-G R5: 150 rated lumens and won't take 14500.

Racer

Enlightened
Jetbeam BA10 is a good thrower but not very compact. I like the forward switch and the feel of durability.
Thrunite T10 is super compact but not a great thrower. I like the moonlight mode and the memory.

Those are two of my favorite AA EDC lights, and both have proven their durability to me over time.