RCR123 3.0V that will work with Fenix PD22

Sensination

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone used rechargeables 123 with Fenix PD22. I really want to avoid buying primaries and since this light doesn't take regular 3.7V I was wondering if you could recommend me some good 3.0V batteries that won't fry my baby :)

Thanks

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Tenergy LiFePO4 paired with an XTAR MP2 charger and you're all set!

Sensination

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! However I searched for them here in UK and I can't find a reseller. Do you know if I can use regular Li-Ion 3.0V like EagleTac or Cytac?

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
The 3.0v Li-ion generally have a higher working voltage and it takes a little bit before the circuit kicks in to reduce it. It'll do but generally not a great idea.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can try to buy them on batteryjunction: they ship outside the US but I'm not sure how much they charge for overseas shipping.

I asked Fenix the same question for my PD30 and they stressed not to use Li-ion RCRs! Recommended to use Lifepo or even better primaries.
I would ask Fenix customer service to be on the safe side, they are very quick to reply: if you drop them a mail now you'll probably find a reply tomorrow morning when you wake up.

Sensination

Newly Enlightened
I managed to find them on some vapourizers webiste. Got them for £22.90 with postage so not such bad price (well really expensive in comparison to US prices!).

Thanks again for all the help :)