What would be a good neutral white light?

biglights

Enlightened
So far all of my lights are of the cool white nature. After reading A LOT on here it looks like a neutral light would be my next step in this flashlight journey that I am on. I think I would like a light with more flood than throw, since I would be looking at colors closer? What would be some good choices for me to look at? Thanks for your time and answers!!!

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's alot of new lights coming out with the nichia 219 4500k High CRI emitter, including a malkoff M61 that's more floody than the xpg equipped one. It's about as neutral as neutral gets.

biglights

Enlightened
Cool, I just got the zebralight sc600 and I like it. Do you think that a nw light is better with a flood or throw beam?

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
i think neutral is better regardless of beam. neutral provides more natural color to whatever is being illuminated. you do lose some total lumens but the trade off is worth it, imo.

biglights

Enlightened
Ok I have trimmed it down to a few, help me thin it out!!

Zebralight sc600w--I already have the sc600, not sure it I want the same kind of light.

Spark sl6-740nw-- Looks like a nice model.

EagleTac G25C2 nw--could not find a lot of info on this.

Xeno F42 v2 xml t5 nw--a bugget choice.

Unless there are any other choices that have missed my eye. Thanks again!!!

Erik1213

Enlightened
Ok I have trimmed it down to a few, help me thin it out!!

Zebralight sc600w--I already have the sc600, not sure it I want the same kind of light.

Spark sl6-740nw-- Looks like a nice model.

EagleTac G25C2 nw--could not find a lot of info on this.

Xeno F42 v2 xml t5 nw--a bugget choice.

Unless there are any other choices that have missed my eye. Thanks again!!!

I would recommend the Zebralight SC600w over the Spark SL-6 740NW for a few reasons. The Spark does not have a true low mode. The lowest mode is quite bright. The regulation circuit on the Zebralight is amazing, even in comparison to the Spark. My biggest issue with the Spark in comparison to the Zebralight is that the Zebralight has a very nice low battery capacity stepdown that will not leave you without light, the Spark will just cut off without warning.

If you're just wanting to get your feet wet with a new color temperature, try something a little less expensive than a 100 dollar torch. I received my EagleTac D25A with a neutral white XP-G today and it is amazing. I highly recommend this light. Also, another from XENO, look at the E03 in neutral white. It only has three modes but they are constant current. However, the XENO does not have a pocket clip. Just something to think about.

biglights

Enlightened
Thanks to all for your input. The final two that I am looking at are the zl sc600w and the EagleTac D25l2. After using my sl sc600 a lot the last few days, I am sure that two lights that are similar wont be a problem. This is one awesome light. Everyone needs one, LOL!!!

There looks to be three different types for the D25l2, xml u2, xte r5, and xpg s2. Not sure which one I would go with if I went that way. What do you all think??

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
There looks to be three different types for the D25l2, xml u2, xte r5, and xpg s2. Not sure which one I would go with if I went that way. What do you all think??

U2, R5, and S2 are the cool whites. XT-E isn't currently available in Neutral; XP-G is R4; XM-L is T6
If you want more flood than throw, stick with the XM-L.
I don't have the D25, but I have a neutral (XP-E) P20C2MKII, and it has a very nice (though quite throwy) beam. In my experience, EagleTac makes some of the very best off-the-shelf lights available.
I do have a couple neutral XM-L's, and I like them a lot. I'd probably love 'em if I wasn't recently spoiled by the 4500k Hi CRI Nichi 219.
If you really want a great neutral white light, pick up a P60 host and have Malkoff, Nailbender, or VinhNguyen54 supply you with one of their 219 drop-ins. If you really prefer a bit more flood, a neutral XM-L is a wonderful thing.

Good luck!

Last edited: