Spark ST6 360 died

buglight

Newly Enlightened
So, went to use my headlight a while back and it was dead. I figured the bat had died since it had been a while since the last use...changed bat...no joy. I tried several different new bats and still no joy. I then tried contacting the original vendor from here from whom I had purchased the light and had fairly recently been in contact with for info on their newer 500 model...no reply. I tried going through Spark's site and the CS address they list...no reply. I tried going through another vendor's site who deals with Spark...no reply.

any suggestions?? Is there some sort of reset inside that can be switched?

brandocommando

Enlightened
It is strange that it would die because they have reverse polarity protection, and there is not much else that I could think of to go wrong with them.

Try cleaning the contacts.

Did the spring break off/fall out?

Check that the battery fits well. Not too long, (cap not going on all the way) and not too short, (rattles around inside.)

Visually inspect the LED, are the wires soldered OK? Is the LED burnt anywhere?

ALSO, I guarantee you will get a reply eventually. Who did you buy it from? If it was through a CPF sponsor, post a thread on CPFMP (you need to re- register on there.)

I would think they would want it back for R&D purposes.

buglight

Newly Enlightened
got it though Xyber a couple years back...when that model first came out.

tried cleaning what contacts I could get to.
Nothing burned anywhere that I can see.
I'll have to fab up a tool to remove the LED and get to the switch, however.
Are you supposed to be able to remove both caps or just one? I can't unscrew the other side at all.

buglight

Newly Enlightened
he offered to repair it, free. all I have to do is pay shipping both ways. I'll figure out if that will be cost effective or not :p
thanks for the help!

buglight

Newly Enlightened
Ok, figure this one out...just on a wild hair I just stuck a battery in the thing and gave it a rap on the desk top...hit the switch and it works!!
so, loose connection somewhere? shaking it around and tapping it on the desk while seems to have no ill effect.
shipping would have been $17 each way so I saved some $$ :D
Weee!

anyone tried their new SD6 lights? specs show slightly longer burn time and they are a little lighter.

jhn.holgate

Newly Enlightened
I bought an SD6 earlier in the year and it's been a great light. Particularly handy when camping and using the magnet to attach it to the inside roof of my van. Lovely even flood and good selection of levels via an easy to operate interface.....except for the double clicking for turbo mode...that's a little awkward, but then again, sometimes I find double clicking a mouse awkward too. Just got the reflector in the post for it....now it's even better. Nice wide 'spot' and quick to change between flood and spot. It's a little bulky, but it doesn't bounce around on the head too much. I'm still very pleased with it.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I just had my ST6-500 die. Tried 3 different batteries and even swapped out the tail cap with another one, still no luck.

I just shipped it out to the vendor I bought it from for a replacement. Maybe I should have tried hitting it a couple of times.