Camping with Zebralight flashlights

pocketlight

Newly Enlightened
I just returned from a weekend of hiking and camping with family and friends (7 of us) We ended up getting to the beginning of the trail at 10pm, the sky was a little cloudy so the night was pitch black for us. Out of the 7 I was the only one that had flashlights that cost more than $10 dollars, for our good fortune I brought my SC600, H51, H31, pretzel headlamp and my AA LED Maglite. When we where ready to start hiking everyone started turning their flashlights on, I waited with mine because I wanted to see if any of the flashlights they had where any good... I was quickly not impressed with any of them so I turned my SC600 on high and everyone turned around and where quite impressed with the amount of light it puts out. After that I gave some of my extra flashlights to my friends and they all put their cheap flashlights away. Hiking was a breeze ..... Well it was still steep but at least we could see the trail markers and everything around us.

Notes: the H51 doesn't seem to go on high with certain AA batteries and I believe it goes to medium when battery is low which is nice. The H31 was running AW 16350 batteries and it just shuts off when the battery is low so that was not a nice surprise.
No complains with the SC600 ... Well I do want to purchase an extra one as a back up.

Good job Zebralight!

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
My heard of Zebras have served on several camping trips as well.

Next time that H31 dies on you, unscrew the tailcap, screw it back, and then try re-starting it on low. :thumbsup:

Samy

Enlightened
I use my zebras whenever camping nowadays. Last weekend I used my sc600 as a large area floodlight while stripping the carby down on my offroad motorcycle during a 2 day offroad competition ;)

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
and they all put their cheap flashlights away.
i dont see any reason why in future walmart & co would not sell china made flashlights with power led. in china such flashlights are sold all over the place, even the cheapest and poorest streat vendors sell them.

to get high brightness all a flashlight needs a cheap Cree LED (R3, Q5, ..) and high current draw, e.g. 1.5A from Eneloop.

am wondering when their lights become more common place in the Western hemisphere.

Latest posts