Muyshondt Aeon - Keyring clip sizing

veloaudio

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I just ordered a Muyshondt Aeon and I want to order a few McGizmo clips for attaching the Aeon to my keys and a lanyard. I have searched here and Google for images and references to clip sizes with the Aeon but I have come up empty. Can you guys suggest a size to get? I'm thinking 20mm.

Here's where I'm planning to buy (web site has sizes and measurements): http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/stainless_clips.html

Thanks!

-Matt

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hello all, I just ordered a Muyshondt Aeon and I want to order a few McGizmo clips for attaching the Aeon to my keys and a lanyard. I have searched here and Google for images and references to clip sizes with the Aeon but I have come up empty. Can you guys suggest a size to get? I'm thinking 20mm.

Here's where I'm planning to buy (web site has sizes and measurements): http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/stainless_clips.html

Thanks!

-Matt

I use a 26mm ( "Micro" ) ... :)

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
26mm here too. I've had the 20mm and it was too small and opened too easily for my tastes.

The 26mm seems to be the perfect size and I've tried both the 26mm Micro stainless steel and titanium and recently the 26mm from CountyComm and would strongly recommend the one from Countycomm.

It is harder to open (stronger spring action) than the others which means less chance of opening accidently.
The titanium one is too easy to open and I've had my light accidently come off a couple times when I used it long ago.

The Countycomm 26mm is also easier to put onto key rings because the hole is closer to the edge.
I've been very pleased with the quality of this clip.

Here is a pic showing from (L to R), Micro SS 26mm, Micro Ti, CountyComm 26mm.
26mmclips.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
I have an assortment of McGizmo gate clips as well. The ~15mm is too small and wimpy for most things, except maybe attaching a glow fob to a bedside light or something. The 20 is pretty good and very useful for medium duty. I hold my two key rings together with that, never had a problem. 26mm is probably my favorite. Very sturdy yet not cumbersome. I use a 26 with a split ring and P7 suspension clip to hang smaller lights like my Aeon, Ion or even Ti Nautilus in dress pants pockets. I think you'd be well suited with that, like the other guys said. The 35 is giant and almost useless to me unless you have a big heavy wad of keys to haul around or something.