I need 23mm glass replacement for UltraFire WF-606A

dmprok

Newly Enlightened
I searched high and low and I can't find a 23mm glass replacement for my old UltraFire WF-606A, SKU 14909 on dealextreme, I also need reflector. Can someone point me where to buy one?

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously at the price those lights are I'd just as soon buy a new one. Finding the parts online, the shipping would probably cost more than a new light. Plus reflectors will be a pain to find. When my 606a had alkalines go off inside and ruined the reflector I actually just sanded off the reflector and goldkote underneath the reflective material and used a dremel with a small polishing cone to polish a mirror finish to the aluminum it throws just as well as before with no appreciable decrease in output.

But even better, there are so many better lights available now than that 606a. Too bad the Solarforce L2R is discontinued and very hard to find, maybe you can put a WTB up in the marketplace, but it's the same form factor as the 606a, 2xAA, but it's waterproof and has a replaceable P60 module so you can always upgrade the led in case of improvements or if the module gets damaged. I find it's one of my favorite lights because it takes regular batteries and the quality is top notch.

dmprok

Newly Enlightened
Seriously at the price those lights are I'd just as soon buy a new one. Finding the parts online, the shipping would probably cost more than a new light. Plus reflectors will be a pain to find. When my 606a had alkalines go off inside and ruined the reflector I actually just sanded off the reflector and goldkote underneath the reflective material and used a dremel with a small polishing cone to polish a mirror finish to the aluminum it throws just as well as before with no appreciable decrease in output.

But even better, there are so many better lights available now than that 606a. Too bad the Solarforce L2R is discontinued and very hard to find, maybe you can put a WTB up in the marketplace, but it's the same form factor as the 606a, 2xAA, but it's waterproof and has a replaceable P60 module so you can always upgrade the led in case of improvements or if the module gets damaged. I find it's one of my favorite lights because it takes regular batteries and the quality is top notch.

You are right, from financial point of you, there is no point of restoring it. I am doing it purely for fun factor of "modding". I learned a ton about LED flashlights while doing it, I am replacing a bad driver as well as LED, I will be putting XM-L LED and relatively low current driver for extended run time with descent brightness, if all goes according to plan, I anticipate 3+ hours of run time on eneloops with same brightness as it used to be due to more efficient and brighter LED and lower current.

Latest posts