Just bought a Tigerlight. Now Im worried. Should I be?

bewshy

Newly Enlightened
I own MANY MANY surefires, PT's, an opalec, Arc LS 1st run Arc AAA's and some more. Hopefully soon a lambda, but for some reason he always releases the darn mods when Im broke about a week before payday =). Maybe someday.

Recently (today) I ordered a tigerlight X-mas special from there website and have been checking up on this site and I am worried a little about some quality control issues. The main one seems to be a problem with the lamp assemblies. I noticed that the inventor is on here and that is a big plus and he always appears to answer questions and post updates.

My question is how do I tell if the LA is a newer one? Also I will be buying some ULC lenses, but flashlightlens.com is/was out of stock until 1/6/03.

The tigerlight appears to be a great product and many seem very happy with theres. I can't wait to get mine.

Thanks.

eb "a long time lurker"

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
bewshy. I also bought the special. I asked Dan the same question. He told me that the shipment was delayed because of an upgrade. Yours should be a good one.

TOB9595

Enlightened
You won't be disappointed!!
I received my TL's a couple of days after placing the order. I didn't receive email confirm but no big deal. The lights are awesome indeed.
smile.gif

FlashlightLens is a VERY good guy to deal with (Chris Maier). I'm sure you won't be disappointed here also. I got some mini mag, mag and TL lens thru him and will order again.
Happy New Year to US all!!!
Tom

bewshy

Newly Enlightened
Thank you guys. Im getting one for my fiancee after her b-day in a few weeks. Shes been a slow convert =)

I sent e-mail to Tiger Light and Eric (at tiger light) got back to me very quick. Very friendly and answered my questions. Customer service has been awesome. If the light is as good as I'm expecting, then I'm gonna have to dig deep for more change to pick one up
grin.gif

eric

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by bewshy:I sent e-mail to Tiger Light and Eric (at tiger light) got back to me very quick.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well? What did he say? Inquiring minds want to know.

bewshy

Newly Enlightened
Well? What did he say? Inquiring minds want to know.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually it was regarding the x-mas special. I wanted to get 2 now, but I can only afford one now so Im going to buy another in a few weeks or so.

Also he said that today there taking down the x-mas special.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one for my daughter & liked it so much, got one for myself. One has the bat-wing lamp I'm not to thrilled with, but some WriteRight took care of most of it. I was concerned about the size being a problem for her, as she's only about 5' tall. But it didn't seem to bother her. It's a lot lighter than you would think when you 1st see it. TX