HDS Systems

Thread: OK... YA'LL's Fault!

Hybrid View

Faint OK... YA'LL's Fault!

one day, i looked at a "spotlight" i saw on AVP..... that led me to CPF.... there i found that the spot light i was looking at was +$2000.... so.... i lurked a bit... bought the stanley, and got lucky.... it worked... and still works...... then i saw LEDs... HIGH POWER LEDs. and acquired some nice Rockys from Sams Club.... and while at it...my son loved my stanley HID so much i bought him the 520lm LED for xmas..... and THEN.............................................. ....
    i decided to start my own.... The HAND-SUN HID... and it's a work of art if i don't say so myself..... i put alot of research into it... and it does WAY better then ever expected!................. (my wife is now LIVID at all the damn HID's around the house, so PLEASE BUY ONE and SAVE MY LIFE!!!)
    .................. and here.... at the final end..... (and maybe the end of my life)..... i bought a Maxabeam.
    yes..
    i did...
    i can't afford it..
    (unless peeps buy)
    but i HAD to have one!!!!!!

it's a GEN II...
    with a well cared for Nicad pack...
    and low hrs...
    best i could/not afford....
    got it for $500 on ebay...
    light, batt, charger.

i have a MAXABEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i know... all'yall have better, newer, and prob cheaper....
    but i have my 1st SA spotlight! and it's a respected light!
    it may have cost me my soul.... (and marriage) but i have 1! and i am proud!

so.... at this point.... if anyone has any advice or ..... well (anything cheap) that will benefit my "new" MB Gen II light... i welcome them!!!! i'd LOVE to have a Collmanatining lens and i'd KILL for a UV lens!!!!
    ..... and needless to say (again) PLEASE BUY/SPREAD WORD of my Hand-Sun spotlights so i can fund my MB!!!!! lmao

(yes i know... bad juju to promote my sales, but i HAVE to do something! :/ )
    Last edited by FRITZHID; 05-16-2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: shameful promo
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

Default Re: OK... YA'LL's Fault!

Now it's time to upgrade the bulb
    My Mods.. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...5&postcount=78
    Hobby only, I don't do custom mods as a service, thanks for understanding.

well..... i'm limited cause of $. not to mention i'd LOVE the new reflector and board! lol (WAY beyond my budget now!!)
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

FYI, modified HID usually doesn't sell well on CPF due to smaller amount of people into HID spotlights vs. led flashlights.

You may want to try put it on ebay, you may get a few bucks less but you'll get faster cash flow, which will help to make your hobby sustainable...

Not trying to drag you in deeper, but stock Gen II MB only does 2-3 million cps...
    My Mods.. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...5&postcount=78
    Hobby only, I don't do custom mods as a service, thanks for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ma_sha1 View Post

Not trying to drag you in deeper, but stock Gen II MB only does 2-3 million cps...
    With a Ushio UXL-75XE in parker VH adapters it can easily double that - mine (with SLA battery) did 7.2million measured at 165 metres

Congrats on the new light, the Maxabeam is one of those lights that makes you giggle when you fire it up
    I believe the current models are still the worlds furthest throwing commercially available handheld light (though i could be wrong)
    Last edited by Echo63; 05-16-2012 at 04:22 AM.
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

well, i'm gonna hazard a guess and say it's the stock bulb.... if anyone knows where i can get a better bulb, new OR used, DIRT Cheap, (and i mean dirt), please let me know. hopefully some day i'll be able to afford the gen III board!
    i'll have pix up thurs when it arrives!