Acebeam
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK... YA'LL's Fault!

Default Re: OK... YA'LL's Fault!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. These lights are addicting!!

Bob
    Polarion PH50 & Night Reaper, AE Xenide 20w, POB 35W, SL Scorpion, SL-35X, POB 55W, Jet Beam Jet-1, DEFT HO & EDC LR, MULE 35/80W HID, Maxa Beam MBS-410.

nice collection... (donno if they would compete with total lumens of all my hand-suns lay'n around, lmao)... why so many??? even i had a hard time justifying the one! lol
    hhmmm.. MN huh? not That far away.... maybe some time we'll have to get together for a shoot out (don't worry, i'll leave the 400w at home, lol)
    my next steps are to get more power options, bulb upgrade and if i can figure out a way to clean the reflector (not likely) i plan to try, it looks like someone already did, there are some fine scratches in it
    at some point, i'd love to get my hands on a Gen3 board, but PB is reluctant to let them go out without installing them themselves :/
    maybe i'll get lucky and get my hands on a new reflector as well, keep'n my eyes open!
    if your looking for a 4th one, theres a nice kit on ebay at the moment for 1500, 2 batts, case, lenses, ect... if i had the $$$ it'd be OTW to me already! lol
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

I got a decent deal on a couple of these. I'm going to be listing two of these for sale in the marketplace shortly. I had the enhanced output reflector installed on the one I'm keeping and upgraded the servo focus motor to the latest one also as I'm told it focuses from spot to flood in about 1.5 seconds so quite a bit faster than the old one and it was only about a $55.00 upgrade if I remember correctly.
    I agree with you that most lights will blow these away in flood mode but when you set these babies to spot I smile every time!!
    Bob
    Polarion PH50 & Night Reaper, AE Xenide 20w, POB 35W, SL Scorpion, SL-35X, POB 55W, Jet Beam Jet-1, DEFT HO & EDC LR, MULE 35/80W HID, Maxa Beam MBS-410.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker VH View Post
    I got a decent deal on a couple of these. I'm going to be listing two of these for sale in the marketplace shortly. I had the enhanced output reflector installed on the one I'm keeping and upgraded the servo focus motor to the latest one also as I'm told it focuses from spot to flood in about 1.5 seconds so quite a bit faster than the old one and it was only about a $55.00 upgrade if I remember correctly.
    I agree with you that most lights will blow these away in flood mode but when you set these babies to spot I smile every time!!
    hell yeah!
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

so Parker.... with all those MBs kicking around... what kinda extra/spare parts do you have in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Parker VH View Post
    I don't suppose you got one with the pelican case, a long (curly) cable and a dropin trickle charger going up for sale ?
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

Quote Originally Posted by Echo63 View Post
    I don't suppose you got one with the pelican case, a long (curly) cable and a dropin trickle charger going up for sale ?
    long curly cable and drop in charger are the min standard models. thats what i got. his are shown there without the batt cables attached. (donno if i'd ever feel right placing them lens down on anything tho! lol) thats the only thing i don't like about the MB, no tail stand ability PITA to do upward beam shots with them!

Quote Originally Posted by FRITZHID View Post
    long curly cable and drop in charger are the min standard models. thats what i got. his are shown there without the batt cables attached. (donno if i'd ever feel right placing them lens down on anything tho! lol) thats the only thing i don't like about the MB, no tail stand ability PITA to do upward beam shots with them!
    I bought my Maxabeam from ParkerVH - he is also the person making the bulb adapters for the Ushio UXL-75XE bulbs.
    Mine didn't come with a charger (too heavy to ship, and useless as mine has a SLA in the battery box) and came with a short cable.

I would love the drop in trickle charger, of course it would be rapidly hacked with a SLA charger so I can just drop my light on it, and have it ready to go when I need it.
    And I would love the long curly cord, just so I can split the nice light lamp housing from the heavy battery.
    (and the pelican case to store it all)
    To buy the stuff new, and get it shipped here would cost around the same as buying a second light with the accessories second hand
    And besides, who doesn't want a second Maxabeam ?

(would really love one with the remote port too)
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

ah, i suppose all the way to Aust, yeah... a bit pricy. surprised a charger woulda been to heavy to ship, my drop in charger weighs about 1/2 lb and the wall wart can't be more then 1.5lbs. have you considered upgrading your SLA to a LIPO? would save u a ton of weight, and give u tons of run time.

new Gen 3 bulb arrived today.... i can't believe a simple bulb switch can make such a difference! hard to believe the're even the same wattage. all installed, centered and now waiting for some clouds! (figures that for 4 days before the light got here, it was cloudy every day, even the whole day that it arrived, then JUST as it started getting dark enough to play, .... clear skys since. :/ damnit! i was looking forward to the bounce! lol
    to all that have helped with my new toy, TYVM!
    Last edited by FRITZHID; 05-19-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: grammatical error

new bulb is in and took a look with it now that it's dark, and WOW what an improvement!
    i think one of the coolest things about these XSAs is how crisp and clean the beam is! even on wide focus you can see a crisp clear line on the outer edge, just mind blowing when you have one of these in your hand. and when you tighten it up WoW that thing shoots forever! i don't think i'd ever want to be on the receiving end of one of these unless it's a life/death situation! even a window reflection hurts! lol

Having had the opportunity to use the MaxaClone with its manual focus knob, I can say that I'd prefer manual focus on the MB. The MB focus motor drives the movement way too fast to get the perfect minimum focus. Go too far, go back too far, go forward not enough, go more - too far....repeat, repeat.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

IDK, maybe your's is faster then mine, i have a pretty smooth and casual adjustment. i havent had an issue with getting it where i want it. did you use the gen3? i know they have a faster movement then my gen2

You know, I don't remember there being a difference between my Gen2 and 3? Will have try that when I get them out next.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

Flashaholic*

"The MB focus motor drives the movement way too fast to get the perfect minimum focus. Go too far, go back too far, go forward not enough, go more - too far....repeat, repeat."

On my Gen III it is proportionate. Push the joystick alot and it moves very quickly. Move it just a tiny bit and it moves very slowly. Etc...
    SPY 007 XM-L2, BVH 150w Vec192 HID, Gen III Maxabeam, Barn Burner, FireFox III, Mac's Customs 3840L & Damascus/Cu/Al Tri-EDCs, ma_sha1 FrankenMag, Drake, MF Scorpion 4x XM-L2, Tri-219 EYE10, XP-G2 X10

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
    "The MB focus motor drives the movement way too fast to get the perfect minimum focus. Go too far, go back too far, go forward not enough, go more - too far....repeat, repeat."

On my Gen III it is proportionate. Push the joystick alot and it moves very quickly. Move it just a tiny bit and it moves very slowly. Etc...
    hmmmm thats odd, cause thats how my gen2 behaves as well... a light touch and it moves very very slowly.... push it further and it moves faster... but not all that fast at all... prob takes 4 seconds or more to go from full flood to full spot, rumor has it the newer servo moves from one to the other in less then 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
    Not all Gen II MB does that. I had two, one did that & the other one doesn't. In mine, on the one that's hard to focus,
    i realized that it needs to wait for a about two minutes or so after start, after that it can focus slower without overshoot, If I try to focus right after it starts up, it'll overshoots focus point every time.

Another thing I found is that particular MB also doesn't lock into the previously set lamp position even after performed focus lock, it'll start out again at off-focus. Not sure if it's older gen II vs. newer Gen II difference or it's due to some malfunction.
    My Mods.. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...5&postcount=78
    Hobby only, I don't do custom mods as a service, thanks for understanding.

well, so far, mine's done what it's set to do... i set it to a med tight beam, & it goes there right @ start up. i can adjust it any way i want right after that. no waiting. from what i understand, mine was built in 2000, so idk if its an older or new gen2. but if i hold the button lightly, it moves V E R Y slow, if i press harder it moves faster, but not super fast. and it always knows where i program it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ma_sha1 View Post
    Another thing I found is that particular MB also doesn't lock into the previously set lamp position even after performed focus lock, it'll start out again at off-focus. Not sure if it's older gen II vs. newer Gen II difference or it's due to some malfunction.
    i don't see a "focus lock" option with the Gen II, just "focus on start up" and "max-min" focus limits. and then theres a "lock out" option that once you pick the settings, they are locked in and you can't change them without restoring the lamp to factory default.

i don't see a "focus lock" option with the Gen II, just "focus on start up".
    That's what I mean, lock to previous focus on at next start up. The other one I had could not resume the focus upon start, had to re do the focus every time.
    My Mods.. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...5&postcount=78
    Hobby only, I don't do custom mods as a service, thanks for understanding.

maybe you would have had to start with reprogramming it to factory stock settings and then NOT program a "focus at start up" at all, and it would stay where ever you had it last?

The lenses themselves won't touch if placed on a flat surface although I only did this for this picture and I always store them with the supplied IR filters in place for extra protection.
    Fritz, did you try and PM me as I guess my inbox was full?
    Bob

......"OK... YA'LL's Fault!"

...............Sorry...............
    The proof of the existence of intelligent extra terrestrial life lies in the fact that they didn't contact us yet...
    Maxablaster MB Beamshots 10Watt Mini HID SSC Microblaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Ra View Post
    ......"OK... YA'LL's Fault!"

...............Sorry...............
    liar! lol, j/k

OKAY....so where are the beamshots?

sry, been VERY busy & weather hasent been exactly cooperative.