The Fenix-Store
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Great products but poor service

  1. #1

    Unhappy Great products but poor service

    Hello everyone,

    I'm Haribo, and a flashlight addict (like almost of you )

    I ordered 3 months ago a XML EDC and P60 dropin.
    And it will be 2 months without any information about my order.

    I love Mac's products, I really do. But after several emails without returns, I became very upset.
    It's a thing to make great products, but without a good service which implies communication, it makes not so much a great business.

    Mac, I know about your success and I know that you have a lot of work.
    BUT put yourself in my shoes for a moment, please:
    * You received the money about the order (Feb 25)
    * I paid twice the shipping costs, in order to receive one item before the other one.
    * I have no news from you since March 27.

    I think it's not normal to pay and having nothing in return.

    Sorry to get to this situation, but if I haven't any news from you quickly, I'll contact Paypal and file a complain.

    Hope to get a response,

    --Haribo
    Last edited by haribo; 05-17-2012 at 06:49 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    Sorry for not returning your E-Mails but I do not have them. All E-Mails sent through my website in the past are gone and my web provider closed the division on which my website & E-Mail was hosted which made a mess of things. Your are correct my service has been very poor lately and I'm working to correct it. Pm Sent!

    Mac
    Last edited by cmacclel; 05-18-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    www.macscustoms.com
    *Note* Shipping Insurance must be requested.

  3. #3
    Flashaholic Midnight Run's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France.
    Posts
    218

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    Yup Mac suuuucks at communicating but his stuff is great.
    I'd rather have it that way than the opposite .

    I have a couple unfulfilled orders that go way back (I'm talking early january!) but I'm not one bit worried.
    If you look around and read about Mac before you order, you know you'll get upset a some point...
    But people still order and he always delivers so just relax and enjoy it when you get it!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tashi Bharucha Design

  4. #4
    Flashaholic RIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    380

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Run View Post
    Yup Mac suuuucks at communicating but his stuff is great.
    I'd rather have it that way than the opposite .

    I have a couple unfulfilled orders that go way back (I'm talking early january!) but I'm not one bit worried.
    If you look around and read about Mac before you order, you know you'll get upset a some point...
    But people still order and he always delivers so just relax and enjoy it when you get it!
    What Tashi said!

    Mac's goods are worth the wait...and occaisional frustration. But in the end, you will receive an item that is not only amazing in looks, construction and operation, but also priced VERY well.

    Not making excuses for him...I think Mac will be the first to admit that his process is lacking a bit....but he is a SOLID CPFer and a person you can trust to make good on his product.

    RIDE

  5. #5

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    Thanks Mac

  6. #6

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    They are Worth the wait.

  7. #7
    Flashaholic* KuanR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,130

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    I hear from everyone the wait is worth it, but I'm not even getting a response from Mac

  8. #8
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ROLL TIDE!
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    Quote Originally Posted by KuanR View Post
    I hear from everyone the wait is worth it, but I'm not even getting a response from Mac
    The last PM I sent Mac was on 5-18....no response. I think I'll forget about asking him to build me something special again and just pick up another of his lights when and if he ever has something I want sitting on his shelf ready to ship. I don't think I care to play the endless waiting/begging game for something I've ordered again.
    SPY 007 XM-L2, BVH 150w Vec192 HID, Gen III Maxabeam, Barn Burner, FireFox III, Mac's Customs 3840L & Damascus/Cu/Al Tri-EDCs, ma_sha1 FrankenMag, Drake, MF Scorpion 4x XM-L2, Tri-219 EYE10, XP-G2 X10

  9. #9

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
    The last PM I sent Mac was on 5-18....no response. I think I'll forget about asking him to build me something special again and just pick up another of his lights when and if he ever has something I want sitting on his shelf ready to ship. I don't think I care to play the endless waiting/begging game for something I've ordered again.
    Believe me I would rather build custom one off lights like we / you where talking about but then again at this point in time is impossible for me as I have outstanding orders to fill. I did look into your request and ordered a few LED's to try out and take some measurements on as you had a specific goal that needed to be reached. Sorry but I do not have the time currently to work on "one offs".
    www.macscustoms.com
    *Note* Shipping Insurance must be requested.

  10. #10
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ROLL TIDE!
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    That's understandable, Mac. Hey, I'd be pretty happy just to have one (well, "another" since I currently have two) of the little works of art you're making now. When you have some inventory I'll buy. I would even buy if I had a firm delivery date.

    ***Here is a suggestion and I REALLY think it's a good one. Since your website is down, how about starting a thread detailing what all you can currently offer, prices, and some pretty firm (meaning conservative) delivery dates.*** I think that would get the ball rolling for alot of us. Also, better response to PMs would be of great value towards building even better customer loyalty.

    Believe me, Mac...I'm rooting for you! And I know you stay busy.
    Last edited by Colonel Sanders; 06-06-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    SPY 007 XM-L2, BVH 150w Vec192 HID, Gen III Maxabeam, Barn Burner, FireFox III, Mac's Customs 3840L & Damascus/Cu/Al Tri-EDCs, ma_sha1 FrankenMag, Drake, MF Scorpion 4x XM-L2, Tri-219 EYE10, XP-G2 X10

  11. #11
    Flashaholic* KuanR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,130

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    Hey Mac thanks for the reply! And I think Sanders is on to a great idea! Your awesome lights backed with better communication will definitely build a better customer loyalty.

    Money will be sent tomorrow for my lights

  12. #12

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
    That's understandable, Mac. Hey, I'd be pretty happy just to have one (well, "another" since I currently have two) of the little works of art you're making now. When you have some inventory I'll buy. I would even buy if I had a firm delivery date.

    ***Here is a suggestion and I REALLY think it's a good one. Since your website is down, how about starting a thread detailing what all you can currently offer, prices, and some pretty firm (meaning conservative) delivery dates.*** I think that would get the ball rolling for alot of us. Also, better response to PMs would be of great value towards building even better customer loyalty.

    Believe me, Mac...I'm rooting for you! And I know you stay busy.

    Thw whole reason why I have not put any prioriy into getting the website back up for ordering is so that I can get caught up and stop pissing people off with long delivery times
    www.macscustoms.com
    *Note* Shipping Insurance must be requested.

  13. #13
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ROLL TIDE!
    Posts
    1,008

    Default Re: Great products but poor service

    Quote Originally Posted by cmacclel View Post
    Thw whole reason why I have not put any prioriy into getting the website back up for ordering is so that I can get caught up and stop pissing people off with long delivery times
    LOL! Well put!

    So, about how far out are you from getting caught up? I'll do my part by not placing an order until you get caught up.
    SPY 007 XM-L2, BVH 150w Vec192 HID, Gen III Maxabeam, Barn Burner, FireFox III, Mac's Customs 3840L & Damascus/Cu/Al Tri-EDCs, ma_sha1 FrankenMag, Drake, MF Scorpion 4x XM-L2, Tri-219 EYE10, XP-G2 X10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •