Great products but poor service

haribo

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

I'm Haribo, and a flashlight addict (like almost of you :D )

I ordered 3 months ago a XML EDC and P60 dropin.
And it will be 2 months without any information about my order.

I love Mac's products, I really do. But after several emails without returns, I became very upset.
It's a thing to make great products, but without a good service which implies communication, it makes not so much a great business.

Mac, I know about your success and I know that you have a lot of work.
BUT put yourself in my shoes for a moment, please:
* You received the money about the order (Feb 25)
* I paid twice the shipping costs, in order to receive one item before the other one.
* I have no news from you since March 27.

I think it's not normal to pay and having nothing in return.

Sorry to get to this situation, but if I haven't any news from you quickly, I'll contact Paypal and file a complain.

Hope to get a response,

--Haribo

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for not returning your E-Mails but I do not have them. All E-Mails sent through my website in the past are gone and my web provider closed the division on which my website & E-Mail was hosted which made a mess of things. Your are correct my service has been very poor lately and I'm working to correct it. Pm Sent!

Mac

Last edited:

Midnight Run

Enlightened
Yup Mac suuuucks at communicating but his stuff is great.
I'd rather have it that way than the opposite ;).

I have a couple unfulfilled orders that go way back (I'm talking early january!) but I'm not one bit worried.
If you look around and read about Mac before you order, you know you'll get upset a some point...
But people still order and he always delivers so just relax and enjoy it when you get it!

RIDE

Enlightened
Yup Mac suuuucks at communicating but his stuff is great.
I'd rather have it that way than the opposite ;).

I have a couple unfulfilled orders that go way back (I'm talking early january!) but I'm not one bit worried.
If you look around and read about Mac before you order, you know you'll get upset a some point...
But people still order and he always delivers so just relax and enjoy it when you get it!

What Tashi said!

Mac's goods are worth the wait...and occaisional frustration. But in the end, you will receive an item that is not only amazing in looks, construction and operation, but also priced VERY well.

Not making excuses for him...I think Mac will be the first to admit that his process is lacking a bit....but he is a SOLID CPFer and a person you can trust to make good on his product.

RIDE

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear from everyone the wait is worth it, but I'm not even getting a response from Mac:sigh:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear from everyone the wait is worth it, but I'm not even getting a response from Mac:sigh:

The last PM I sent Mac was on 5-18....no response. I think I'll forget about asking him to build me something special again and just pick up another of his lights when and if he ever has something I want sitting on his shelf ready to ship. I don't think I care to play the endless waiting/begging game for something I've ordered again.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last PM I sent Mac was on 5-18....no response. I think I'll forget about asking him to build me something special again and just pick up another of his lights when and if he ever has something I want sitting on his shelf ready to ship. I don't think I care to play the endless waiting/begging game for something I've ordered again.

Believe me I would rather build custom one off lights like we / you where talking about but then again at this point in time is impossible for me as I have outstanding orders to fill. I did look into your request and ordered a few LED's to try out and take some measurements on as you had a specific goal that needed to be reached. Sorry but I do not have the time currently to work on "one offs".

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's understandable, Mac. Hey, I'd be pretty happy just to have one (well, "another" since I currently have two) of the little works of art you're making now. When you have some inventory I'll buy. I would even buy if I had a firm delivery date.

***Here is a suggestion and I REALLY think it's a good one. Since your website is down, how about starting a thread detailing what all you can currently offer, prices, and some pretty firm (meaning conservative) delivery dates.*** I think that would get the ball rolling for alot of us. :thumbsup: Also, better response to PMs would be of great value towards building even better customer loyalty.

Believe me, Mac...I'm rooting for you! :) And I know you stay busy.

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Mac thanks for the reply! And I think Sanders is on to a great idea! Your awesome lights backed with better communication will definitely build a better customer loyalty.

Money will be sent tomorrow for my lights :D

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's understandable, Mac. Hey, I'd be pretty happy just to have one (well, "another" since I currently have two) of the little works of art you're making now. When you have some inventory I'll buy. I would even buy if I had a firm delivery date.

***Here is a suggestion and I REALLY think it's a good one. Since your website is down, how about starting a thread detailing what all you can currently offer, prices, and some pretty firm (meaning conservative) delivery dates.*** I think that would get the ball rolling for alot of us. :thumbsup: Also, better response to PMs would be of great value towards building even better customer loyalty.

Believe me, Mac...I'm rooting for you! :) And I know you stay busy.

Thw whole reason why I have not put any prioriy into getting the website back up for ordering is so that I can get caught up and stop pissing people off with long delivery times :)

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thw whole reason why I have not put any prioriy into getting the website back up for ordering is so that I can get caught up and stop pissing people off with long delivery times :)

LOL! Well put! :crackup:

So, about how far out are you from getting caught up? I'll do my part by not placing an order until you get caught up.