Maglite 2D (Gunmetal grey) with SST-90 + DerWichtel adjustable driver
- Maglite 2D,non-rebel, Now with different reflector for added throw (Hotspot as big as a XM-L in rebel reflector!): Beamshot picture to be updated
- Der Wichtel 9A adjustable driver, set to 7A (6v-21v input)
- Der Wichtel SST-90 heatsink, modified to fit any MagD
- WN BIN Luminus SST-90 powerhouse (de-domed for increased throw)
- No mods to spring / tailcap except slight removal of anodising in tailcap for use of 3x26500 IMR cells (not included)
- Slight donut hole (see beamshot pic), but not noticeable at greater distances
- Now with different reflector which makes this light in a very nice thower.
- Glass lens
140$/ 115E - 120$/ 100E[/B] SOLD
For sale: SST-90 9A MagD light engine SOLD
- Der Wichtel modified SST-90 heatsink, with set-screw so also for non-rebel maglites
- Der Wichtel 9A constant current buck driver (6v-21v input) (potted)
- WN BIN Luminus SST-90
- Heat resistant wires
Re: FS: Mag2D with de-domed SST-90 and 9A Maglite-D SST-90 light engine
Originally Posted by mr.lumen
Interesting... How hard is it to do? I have an intimator Sr90 how many extra lumens do you think I'd get? And would it throw further?
You do not get extra lumens, you get less. Don't you think everyone would be doing this if it just gave you more lumens?
It gives you around 50% more throw in reflectored lights and maybe 35-40% less lumens.
Theres a thread just on de-doming the sr-90 with beamshots here. Moer beamshots here.