BlackShadow

Thread: Info needed for my daughter...(KEYCHAIN LIGHT)

Default Info needed for my daughter...(KEYCHAIN LIGHT)

Ok...I want to get my daughter a good light but it has to be small enough to put on her keys, and I would like one that takes AAA or AA batteries. Would like it to have a tail cap button.

Thanks for the help.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Info needed for my daughter...(KEYCHAIN LIGHT)

4Sevens Preon 1 with Preon 2 tailswitch (purchased separately)

Tailcap button will make it big for a set of keys. Most keychain aa or aaa are twisty. Quark mini ti will give your daughter a bit of bling.

Flashaholic

Take a look at the ITP A2 EOS stainless steel. Three modes, runs on a AA, but it's a twisty. I don't know of any keychain lights that have a tailcap switch.

Quote Originally Posted by LGT View Post
    Take a look at the ITP A2 EOS stainless steel. Three modes, runs on a AA, but it's a twisty. I don't know of any keychain lights that have a tailcap switch.
    +1 for the iTP lights. I agree that you may have a tough time finding a keychain light with a clicky switch, but they may be out there. Also may want to look at the Sunwayman R01A 10 Lumen AAA Keychain Flashlight. $15.00 at various vendors. Plus they offer different colors.

Enlightened

I think the iTP lights are hard to beat in this category (although not a clicky). Other ones worth a look (based on the tail cap clicky) are Streamlight Microstream and the Lumapower EDC LM21 (AAA) or EDC LM31 (AA)

Many modes can be confusing and clicky is not the best if she keeps the keys in a purse. I would give her a purple Fenix E05, with Energizer Ultimate lithium battery in it. I carry a black one on my keys, and use it all the time. I think you get about 5 hours runtime with lithium batterys.

the lumapower xyz (i dont care for its complicated model number) has a tailcap switch. also look into nitecore t2 and t5

Dqg iii is my new fav keychain light. Very pleased with it

Quote Originally Posted by j0sh View Post
    Dqg iii is my new fav keychain light. Very pleased with it
    thats a good light but for a lady it might be heavier then she will want to carry,at over 60 grams.Try it if she doesnt like it im sure you will.

Anyway, Olight i3eos 70 lumen max only 13grams and 70mm very compact.
    Union Proud IBEW Local 683

Quote Originally Posted by Mr460mag View Post
    ... I would give her a purple Fenix E05...
    I would go with the fenix e05 or maratac rev2 that also uses aaa but lumens are 115 and 1.5.

I still have an Arc AAA hanging from my keys. Its beat to hell; but its worked every time Ive asked it too. Not the brightest (only 10 lumens), but I know it will always work for me. Even if the batt is mostly dead.
    "I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work." -Chris Titus

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by fishndad View Post
    thats a good light but for a lady it might be heavier then she will want to carry,at over 60 grams.Try it if she doesnt like it im sure you will.

Anyway, Olight i3eos 70 lumen max only 13grams and 70mm very compact.
    The DQG is heavy? Nah.. Specs must be wrong or with a battery installed. It's half the size of my other aaa lights and not heavy at all.
    My dqg and preon p0 are what i rotate on my keychain. The rest of the lights are too big for keychain use when you first get used to the tiny dqg and p0.

Flashaholic

The DQG II/III is not heavy, at all. It's extremely small, and durable. With the DQG no possibility of the color coating coming off like an aluminum light as they are stainless steel and now titanium pre-order in the Market Place. The DQG II Ti seems to be the most refined of the series. Second would be the iTP A3 EOS in purple.

Quote Originally Posted by jorn View Post
    The DQG is heavy? Nah.. Specs must be wrong or with a battery installed. It's half the size of my other aaa lights and not heavy at all.
    My dqg and preon p0 are what i rotate on my keychain. The rest of the lights are too big for keychain use when you first get used to the tiny dqg and p0.
    i bet your right about specs that seems like alot for a AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by fishndad View Post
    i bet your right about specs that seems like alot for a AAA.
    Where did you see 60 grams? The specs say 12g without battery. The light puts out 60 lumens ... maybe that's the mixup?

There's a pre-order going on for the new titanium version. The titanium version weighs 9g without battery.

I have a DQG III and Preon P0 on my keychain. I love them both. DQG for nice beam, P0 for pure flood.

Quote Originally Posted by melty View Post
    Where did you see 60 grams? The specs say 12g without battery. The light puts out 60 lumens ... maybe that's the mixup?

There's a pre-order going on for the new titanium version. The titanium version weighs 9g without battery.

I have a DQG III and Preon P0 on my keychain. I love them both. DQG for nice beam, P0 for pure flood.
    LOL! i dont know but now i want one of these damm little lights. I think they were referring to weight with gift tin.
    i just ordered a Fenix ld01 and Olight i3eos now im sure to end up with this thing.

Get your Daughter a light and get far far away...its a trap Oh God help me this discussion just led me
    to the (YEZL S7) s.s,g.i.t.d clicky up to 100 lumen IM SOLD.
    Last edited by fishndad; 05-23-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Flashaholic

Thrunite Ti. At least my brother in-law, my wife used it.