Info needed for my daughter...(KEYCHAIN LIGHT)

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Ok...I want to get my daughter a good light but it has to be small enough to put on her keys, and I would like one that takes AAA or AA batteries. Would like it to have a tail cap button.

Thanks for the help.

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Tailcap button will make it big for a set of keys. Most keychain aa or aaa are twisty. Quark mini ti will give your daughter a bit of bling.

LGT

Enlightened
Take a look at the ITP A2 EOS stainless steel. Three modes, runs on a AA, but it's a twisty. I don't know of any keychain lights that have a tailcap switch.

Danielight

Enlightened
Take a look at the ITP A2 EOS stainless steel. Three modes, runs on a AA, but it's a twisty. I don't know of any keychain lights that have a tailcap switch.
+1 for the iTP lights. I agree that you may have a tough time finding a keychain light with a clicky switch, but they may be out there. Also may want to look at the Sunwayman R01A 10 Lumen AAA Keychain Flashlight. $15.00 at various vendors. Plus they offer different colors. :)

Smokescreen

Newly Enlightened
I think the iTP lights are hard to beat in this category (although not a clicky). Other ones worth a look (based on the tail cap clicky) are Streamlight Microstream and the Lumapower EDC LM21 (AAA) or EDC LM31 (AA)

Mr460mag

Newly Enlightened
Many modes can be confusing and clicky is not the best if she keeps the keys in a purse. I would give her a purple Fenix E05, with Energizer Ultimate lithium battery in it. I carry a black one on my keys, and use it all the time. I think you get about 5 hours runtime with lithium batterys.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
the lumapower xyz (i dont care for its complicated model number) has a tailcap switch. also look into nitecore t2 and t5

fishndad

Enlightened
Dqg iii is my new fav keychain light. Very pleased with it

thats a good light but for a lady it might be heavier then she will want to carry,at over 60 grams.Try it if she doesnt like it im sure you will.

Anyway, Olight i3eos 70 lumen max only 13grams and 70mm very compact.

bnemmie

Enlightened
I still have an Arc AAA hanging from my keys. Its beat to hell; but its worked every time Ive asked it too. Not the brightest (only 10 lumens), but I know it will always work for me. Even if the batt is mostly dead.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats a good light but for a lady it might be heavier then she will want to carry,at over 60 grams.Try it if she doesnt like it im sure you will.

Anyway, Olight i3eos 70 lumen max only 13grams and 70mm very compact.
The DQG is heavy? Nah.. Specs must be wrong or with a battery installed. It's half the size of my other aaa lights and not heavy at all.
My dqg and preon p0 are what i rotate on my keychain. The rest of the lights are too big for keychain use when you first get used to the tiny dqg and p0. :)

damn_hammer

Enlightened
The DQG II/III is not heavy, at all. It's extremely small, and durable. With the DQG no possibility of the color coating coming off like an aluminum light as they are stainless steel and now titanium pre-order in the Market Place. The DQG II Ti seems to be the most refined of the series. Second would be the iTP A3 EOS in purple.

fishndad

Enlightened
The DQG is heavy? Nah.. Specs must be wrong or with a battery installed. It's half the size of my other aaa lights and not heavy at all.
My dqg and preon p0 are what i rotate on my keychain. The rest of the lights are too big for keychain use when you first get used to the tiny dqg and p0. :)

i bet your right about specs that seems like alot for a AAA.

melty

Newly Enlightened
i bet your right about specs that seems like alot for a AAA.

Where did you see 60 grams? The specs say 12g without battery. The light puts out 60 lumens ... maybe that's the mixup?

There's a pre-order going on for the new titanium version. The titanium version weighs 9g without battery.

I have a DQG III and Preon P0 on my keychain. I love them both. DQG for nice beam, P0 for pure flood.

fishndad

Enlightened
Where did you see 60 grams? The specs say 12g without battery. The light puts out 60 lumens ... maybe that's the mixup?

There's a pre-order going on for the new titanium version. The titanium version weighs 9g without battery.

I have a DQG III and Preon P0 on my keychain. I love them both. DQG for nice beam, P0 for pure flood.

LOL! i dont know but now i want one of these damm little lights. I think they were referring to weight with gift tin.
i just ordered a Fenix ld01 and Olight i3eos now im sure to end up with this thing.

Get your Daughter a light and get far far away...its a trap:caution: Oh God help me this discussion just led me
to the (YEZL S7) s.s,g.i.t.d clicky up to 100 lumen IM SOLD.

Last edited: