• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED Orange HA FM "3P" aspheric, SOLD McGizmo LT(XPG-R5), SOLD-Saltytri SST-50.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
CLOSED Orange HA FM "3P" aspheric, SOLD McGizmo LT(XPG-R5), SOLD-Saltytri SST-50.

Okay, too many lights, time to start selling some stuff off - or at least listing it.

Bright Orange HA FiveMega "3P" with Aspheric lens, Naibender XR-E, Xeno Bezel & netkidz clicky - Closed - reposted in marketplace with some other stuff.
I had this 3P coated in the Exotic Coating run that was ~2 years or so ago. Aspheric lens came from the run in Australia. Clicky in tail - netkidz clicky. Black Xeno bezel that looks great with the orange and helps protect the aspheric. I may have a silver one if someone wants that instead. Throws a light the shape of the LED die - photo below, light switch in the middle of photo. You won't see many of these come along. Nailbender made the XR-E drop-in - one level.

IMG2471-M.jpg

IMG2472-M.jpg

1195867329_b6SZf-M.jpg

1196843339_nkq3t-M.jpg

$225 shipped

SOLD McGizmo LT, XP-G R5, bumped output, upgraded by DatiLED. Three green trits in the body. MoFo Bezel
Upgraded by DatiLED & output bumped to 1A on high. Diatribe I wrote below on the excellence of the 27LT and some comments from Derek when he upgraded the light. Not to forget the bombproofness of the light as well....

What is it about the 27LT that is just so wonderful?

1. Fantastic grip on the body?
  2. Fantastic beam profile
  3. Medium (very usable every day) / High modes
  4. 17670 Li-ion use
  5. AL smooooth twisty (& I like clickies & PDs)
  6. Upgadeability to XP-G with boosted amperage ability (due to AL & mass)
  7. Have I mentioned the beam profile?

I don't usually do beam profiles / beam shots. But I was one of the first to get Don's Sundrop XR-U so I did a comparison (not of CRI) of the beams of a variety of lights, out of all of them the one that surprisingly stood out to me was the 27LT. The XR-U was unique and very nice, but the 27LT was WOW, is this ever nice for one of, if not the oldest light in the group.

So recently – Run4JC had a thread about upgrading his Ti PD-S to a XP-G at DatiLEDs, and then I think it was Drywolf that mentioned in the thread that he sent his 27LT. So I though "I'll send both".

DatiLED was great to work with & I asked for amp bumps – he was willing / offering to go further on the 27LT due to its larger mass and being Al. When he was done, he said I'd b really happy with the Ti PD, but the 27 LT was really something – and was best appreciated outside for its throw. Well I used it at work & the tight hotspot really punched through the mist inside some tanks.

The 3 body trits that an earlier owner put in it are simply the sprinkles on the icing (XP-G) on the cake (27 LT).

From DatiLED (I like the SST-50 as well so we were discussing that versus the XP-G)
If you want bright, the 27LT-S would be a winner with an XP-G R5 driven at 1A. The SST-50 needs to be pushed at 2A, or more to even begin to impress. With the stock driver in the LT, 1A is pretty much the limit. Driving an SST-50 at 1A would be a waste, given the extra expense of the LED vs. the XP-G (or Seoul U3 LED).

I just modded a 27LT with a Seoul U3SVNH, and it was impressive. Especially since it was a Luxeon light to begin with. I also have a 27LT-S coming for an XP-G mod today, or tomorrow. It will be the first that I have done, but I am confident that the beam will be better than the PD-S lights that I have modified with the XP-G. I really like these little LEDs!

IMG2468-M.jpg

IMG2469-M.jpg

In USA comes with a Ultrafire 17670. It's too chubby to fit in my other lights I use a 17670 in but works nicely here. I may have a second one and third one and will include if I find them.

$225 shipped, paypal works nicely.
Not cheap, but newer LED, tritted body & mofo bezel.

SOLD Saltytri 26500 SST-50 (4500K)No photos at this time but bought out of this thread. LOTS of photos in the thread.
From the original thread​
Here's a new SST-50 light designed around the AW IMR 26500. The emitter is the 4500K version, which produces a very natural rendering outdoors, at least to my eyes. The OP reflector throws a very strong hot spot with some spill that has a well-defined edge. This is definitely not a floody light. The three-level driver runs at about 4.1A on High, 1.1A on Medium and .16A on Low. Needless to say, High is very bright. The 6061 aluminum body and tail cap are finished with Sniper Gray Cerakote (there is one very slight flaw that is hard to see - think of it as a reminder that this piece is hand made rather than being turned out by a robot ;)). The matte surface provides a solid grip. The crenelated bezel and grip ring are phosphor bronze, which has a warm tone that is redder than brass and looks very rich.​
Comes with the smooth ring for the back as well as the one that you can grip. He put a hole in one of the arms of the grip ring so that I could put a lanyard on it through a split ring. I did put a small scratch on the arm of the grip ring when I took the split ring out.​
I'll check later, but I believe the Cerakote was redone prior to shipping. I haven't carried the light so other than the small scrape on the grip ring it's as received. I love the SST-50 4500K. Pains me to sell this one.​
If you need the IMR 26500s (with little to no use) - I may have two available.​

$425 shipped

Open to Worldwide shipping, add $10 to price above. No batteries shipped outside USA.
Shipping outside the USA is at buyer's risk / expense, I will buy the post office proof of shipping, but the risk is the buyer's (Once I have mailed the package it is yours). I will pay for registered mail for the Saltyri. Insurance is at cost if you want it.

First one to post "I'll take it" in the thread has priority, followed by timely payment. I retain the right to refuse to sell to anyone.
I'll clear out a few spots in my inbox.

Last edited:

tshirley

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS McGizmo LT(XPG-R5), Saltytri 26500 SST-50 (4500K), Orange HA FM "3P" aspheric,

I will take Saltytri wanted this one first time I saw it!

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS McGizmo LT(XPG-R5), Saltytri 26500 SST-50 (4500K), Orange HA FM "3P" aspheric,

Bump now that CPF is back up & running. Heading out tonight so I figured I'd give this an early bump.

Well that is strange - doesn't show up new (top of heap) as posted with 4 postings.....

I'll give it some time.

Last edited:

tshirley

Newly Enlightened

Recieved Saltytri today looking forward to trying it out. Thanks again!

tshirley

Newly Enlightened

No need to be sorry you were plenty patient with me and all my questions. Great looking light! Have my cottonpickers charger on the way. Have two Saltytri now. Where is he btw have not seen him around the forum?

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think he spend the winter time making lights in his spare time and then does other things during the summer. I find in general things slow down on CPF during the summer / less dark hours (in the northern hemisphere...), but that may be a biased view.

tshirley

Newly Enlightened

Wow this Salytri with the sst-50 is bright great throw. Light is much bigger than I anticipated but really starting to like it. Feels great in the hand. Having fun with this one already. Torturing some of my neighbors with it. Love Saltytri work.

tshirley

Newly Enlightened

Been using my Saltytri for dog walks this light is so well made has a great feel in your hand not to small not too big and bright as a MF. Did i forget to say how cool looking it is. Got the cottonpickers charger which is amazing piece of work in itself. Thanks again Neale really enjoying this one.

Latest posts