Which 2 levels do you prefer to program your quark to?

hoss1968

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering what level of brightness everyone preferred to program there quark to and why?

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today it's set to level 3 (medium) and Max. I have my Quark 2x123 on level 3 (medium) because it's a good general purpose mode that will last about 30 hours on a 17670 battery and I set it to Max so I can light things up at a distance and show off. :)

I usually have at least one other light in my pocket for when I need a low - low mode.

Last edited:

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
I have my quarks as nightstand lights so they all come on in moonlight mode. I love the quark ui on their clickys. More manufacturers need to realize how often true moonlight mode (less than 1 lumen) is used.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
loose: level 4 (Hi)
tight: level 5 (Max)

if i wanted lower modes (levels 1-3), there are hundreds or thousands of cheap flashlights from China and Hongkong (DX, MF, DD) which could do the job.

Raze

Enlightened
I have two Quark X AA-2 Tacticals and one is configured with a 123 body to be attached to a Fenix headband. Since this is my headlamp, the Loose is set to Med for general purpose & balance of lumens vs runtime, and Tightened for Max for its sheer awesomeness. I attached a Fenix diffuser for soft, even lighting for close-up work. I used this set up during my spelunking and underground river adventure two weekends ago.

The other light serves as my back up in my MaxPed Fatboy EDC pack, set for Moonlight in Loosened mode and Max for the Tightened mode. It's amazing how bright and useful a sub-lumen output like the Moonlight can be in the dark, esp with dark-adapted vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please pardon typos.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Head Loose -- Low mode (not moon-mode)

Head Tight -- Medium mode

For my needs, this is an Excellent Choice !

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
My CR123x2 is set to turbo on head high and medium on head loose.
My AA tactical has head tight turbo and low on loose. I also run it on 14500 AW cells.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Quark X 123x2 tactical and Turbo X are set to tight max and loose hi, those are two light's that I EDC but on my Quark X 2xAA that I use mostly inside the house late at night the loose is set to low 2 and tight is set for max.

I leave all of them in the head loose position when I EDC and same for the around the house 2xAA. I love the Quarks and the Tacticals flexibility while still being able to use a forward switch with a simple UI.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have most of my tactical and turbos programmed to low and max, but opposite of most people, I like low on the tight bezel position - I just like the feel of solid, tightened down light for my default/most often used mode. Have one bedside light thats moonlight/tight, low/loose.

I personally like the regular interface better and EDC a 1x14500 QAAX - which is a effectively like a moonlight/max tactical, yet only click or two away from low and med.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have most of my tactical and turbos programmed to low and max, but opposite of most people, I like low on the tight bezel position - I just like the feel of solid, tightened down light for my default/most often used mode. Have one bedside light thats moonlight/tight, low/loose.

I personally like the regular interface better and EDC a 1x14500 QAAX - which is a effectively like a moonlight/max tactical, yet only click or two away from low and med.

I have a forward clickie on my AAx2 Quark with regular interface which I like better than the reverse clickie.

BobEvans

Newly Enlightened
I have the regular Quark interface.

I am have problems keeping it from advancing modes when I turn the light off and then on again within 30-60 seconds.

If I wait a half hour or so, it will turn on with the same mode I shut it off with.

I have tried swapping clickies from my other Quark with the same problem.

This is really annoying and should have purchased the tactical interface.

lightwait

Newly Enlightened
I have the regular Quark interface.

I am have problems keeping it from advancing modes when I turn the light off and then on again within 30-60 seconds.

If I wait a half hour or so, it will turn on with the same mode I shut it off with.

I have tried swapping clickies from my other Quark with the same problem.

This is really annoying and should have purchased the tactical interface.
I would clean and check all threads and see if that helps. Make sure when the head is loosened, that it is loosened a good 1/4 turn or so. Weird things can happen if you are on the fringe of being tight/loose. The light should reset in about 2 seconds of off time. And it should not be remembering your last mode for a 1/2 hour. If your threads are clean, I would contact 4sevens for replacement. Another thought... are you using a li-ion cell that might be too long? I've not seen a problem like that in a quark, just guessing.
Update: I just saw a recent thread in the CPF Marketplace where a few others are talking about the long reset time on some Quarks. My regular interface Quarks that do not have that trait. I would return them if they did, it sounds very annoying.

I really like the regular interface for a general purpose light. I prefer having all modes quickly available. I like the tactical interface if I have a specific purpose for the light, like say mechanical work or any activity where I will turn the light on and off frequently at a certain level. I keep mine at medium and turbo for working on cars and stuff.

Last edited:

BobEvans

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, lightwait! I think you identified the cause of my problem. The head wasn't loosened a full quarter turn.

Again, many thanks to you!

ikeyballz

Newly Enlightened
Medium, Max. Its my in-car light so I keep it simple. I have a regular UI AA in my pocket for the low low stuff

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like your idea of having the lowest setting for the tightened bezel!

Thanks to y'all I've now set my loosened mode to "low" (max/turbo on tightened) because I inevitably have my Klarus XT11 with me when I have my quark x 123^2 tactical on me and the Klarus honestly does a much better strobe job and is instantly accessible on that light :/

So max and low are my settings now lol thanks to you guys