older tk15 issues

bouncer33441

Newly Enlightened
if you own an older tk15 it will not go into turbo mode with a 18650 battery . i discovered this after about a year of ownership . i contacted fenix store and they said it was the battery . they gave me a rma when i explained i was using brand new 18650's and they worked in all my other lights . after examining the light they new it was not the battery . they shipped me out a newer model of the tk15 as well as a 18650 battery . i want to know if anyone else has experienced this problem with a older tk15 and if so how was your experience dealing with customer service . judy and zane responded quickly to my issues and more then went out of there way to make me happy . they also sent me a 15% off coupon to apply towards a future purchase .

ragweed

Enlightened
I will say they went way way way out of the way to make you happy..!! JMHO.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their terrific customer service will bring them.... customers! Word of mouth (CPF) advertising is the best!

bouncer33441

Newly Enlightened
when i sent the light back i sent it without the accessories . i received the new light the same way . when i went to screw on the tactical ring , i was a bit suprised . the new light was threaded differently . i called fenix-store right away . they put a newer tactical ring in the maail to me right after we hung up .

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know. My TK15 is still flawless after a year, though it doesn't get to see much action.

bouncer33441

Newly Enlightened
i carry mine everyday as well it is a shame i needed a new one as mine didnt have a nick on it either
after this year of edc my new daily carry is a spark sl6cw 800 lumen with 4 levels of brightness