This is my first post on CPF as writer after a long time as reader only.
I want to share about my last divelight project.
The aluminium canister :
- size of the tube and closure : lenght about 330mm, diameter 60mm
- batteries: 8 x 18650 ultrafire 2600mAh with a delrin holder cabled as 4S2P
- possibility to charge individually each battery with a special home-made charger. It was made of 6 ultrafire WF139 in a single box, so it is able to charge 12 x 18650 individually. This is to cycle or equilibrate the cells at home. It need to use the "molex" connector. In use each "molex" connector is configured to create the 4s sub pack.
- possibility to charge the complete pack during dive travel with a 14.8V charger (or each 4s sub pack)
- taskled h6flex driver glued on the tube
- reed contact (no hole in closure) to connect the pack on driver
- the intensity is drive from the maglite by another reed contact
- 2 oring on "fixed" closure, 3 oring on screwed closure
The maglite mod:
- 3 STT50 5700k @5A so 4500 to 5000 lm expected
- reed contact to drive the driver placed in canister by a 3 contacts plug.
The picture of the canister, the maglite mod, the individual cell charger :
Already tested at 20m deep without electronics and cell : all was OK.