Malkoff

Thread: Maglite with piezo

Default Maglite with piezo

Had a little play around with my lathe this arvo.
    This is what I came up with.

Piezo is a momentary 16x1mm thread.

The bright end at this stage is a 3x XML DX drop in but that may change. Perhaps the 5 or 6 XR-E version???
    Perhaps a 44mm aspheric and single XML but that would mean re machining the rear end to make it a little longer.

Default Re: Maglite with piezo

Nice one!

I like the clean lines and economy of bulk. The gland protects the switch from accidental activation.

Nice indeed! What driver are you using?
    http://tlslights.com/ your source for quality affordable dive lights, Mag-lite conversions and weapon lights. Now a Federal Firearms Dealer.

Thanks.

To be honest I havent even thought that far ahead. It will all depend on the final LED set up I guess. But the KD 2.8amp 3 mode driver has always worked well for me in the past. Cant recall ever driving a 3 XML's from one but I think it should work. 12.6v in 9.8v out.
    I'd like to see a comparison of the 3xml vs the 6 XRE. Im guessing I'd like the 6 XRE better my self. then wire the 6 XRE's 3P2S to give them 900ma each. I think the Vf would be too high 2P3S on a 3x Li Ion pack. But then the XML's would be getting 1.4 amp each which seems OK going by past experiences.