Olympia Products
Page 1 of 31 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: EagleTac Clicky Ti

Kiss EagleTac Clicky Ti

After the 2011 Mini Ti Eagletac has finally announced the 2012 Clicky Ti. Anyone has this beauty and how do you like it?

For the 2013 Clicky Ti beauty please see post#370.
    For the 2014 Clicky Ti (same URL) beauty please see post#607.

And this might be relevant to you too:
    Poll: EagleTac D25-series: Which model(s) did you buy?
    Last edited by shelm; 04-26-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Default Re: Eagtac Titanium Clicky

They are not out yet. Yesterday there wasn't even a mention about them on EagleTac website (but we all knew they were coming). I expect they will be available in a month or so.
    I own 4 D25 series Titanium lights and I love them. I expect to love the new clickies.
    "We notice things that don't work. We don't notice things that do."

- Douglas Adams

Ooooo titanium goodness! Can't wait till they get released!

Oh very nice, glad that I waited. Was about to get one of the old series, sweet.

i think so too that we all knew that they were coming. pretty clever business strategy by Eagtac,
    1. releasing D25 Minis first. they were sensational because of the super short length, low weight and slim diameter. really "mini"!
    2. selling the Minis in aluminum version, and we all thought that eagtac had cancelled the plans for the aluminum clickies
    3. releasing D25 Minis in Titanium version. people who could barely hold off finally got their 1st Mini
    4. eagtac releases the word that 1 year later the aluminum clicky would be available; they deny plans for the Titanium clicky
    5. aluminum clickies are finally available, and still no plans for Titanium clickies, so impatient shoppers go for the aluminum clickies, because aluminium clickies are more desirable than the D25 Minis.
    6. what the heck, Titanium clickies will be available too, announcement! surprise surprise.
    7. eagtac sells the cream of the D25 series like hotcake .. although shoppers already own copies of the D25 series. --- a D25 Titanium clicky is no doubt the most desirable and hottest model of the entire D25 series!!

if Eagtac had first released the D25 Titanium clickies, and reversed the above order .. i am pretty sure that hardly anyone would have jumped on buying the D25 Mini Titanium (a Titanium twisty?? argh!) or the D25 Mini aluminum (a clicky is preferrable to a twisty .. especially on 1xAA form factor)

clever clever.

From the specs, i am thinking that the D25A is an underperformer. 122 lumen OTF, 1.3hrs, and with 14500 only direct drive. Clearly, these specs are easily beaten by a Quark X running on 1xEneloop AA or 1x14500 Trustfire 900mAh.

In the end it all boils down to the size and looks (and weight): the D25 Titanium clicky is super attractive. A Quark X performs better .. but the Titanium clicky is what stirs our emotions ("wantitwantitwantit").
    Last edited by shelm; 05-24-2012 at 07:45 AM.

I heard you can preorder for 72.99 from Illumination Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by cbr400rr View Post
    I heard you can preorder for 72.99 from Illumination Gear.
    It's true:

EagleTac D25A CLICKY Ti TITANIUM LIMITED EDITION - XM-L U2 / XM-L T6. Pre-order: $70.99

EagleTac D25C CLICKY Ti TITANIUM LIMITED EDITION - XM-L U2 / XM-L T6. Pre-order: $72.99

Expected early June.

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    (a Titanium twisty?? argh!)
    Few drops of Krytox and all my D25 Tis are smooth (It really does wonders). Not as smooth as aluminum with Krytox but still perfectly acceptable
    "We notice things that don't work. We don't notice things that do."

- Douglas Adams

Flashaholic

I don't wish to pour cold water on this tread, love the D25 series but, it says clicky and I don't actually see the clicky? Can't see the LED either. Have they made any? Are they just getting us excited, making us save up?. Your right shelm they are clever!.
    186,232 miles per second. The speed of the light from all our flashlights.

all right. pulling the trigger for the D25A Ti Clicky. illuminationgear. love their 7.50$ global shipping!!
    anyone else who preordered it??
    Last edited by shelm; 05-26-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Yep, preordered D25A + D25C Ti Clicky at Illuminationgear

YuP! I pre-ordered a D25A at around 4 am yesterday morning. I think they had just uploaded them to the site because I couldn't find them anywhere else.

Unenlightened

PreOrdered a EagleTac D25C CLICKY Ti XM-L T6. Love my D25LC2 XM-L U2 clicky, been very impressed with the new EagleTac's. Love the UI of the D Clicky

I pre-ordered the D25C Ti Clicky as well. Already own the D25C Clicky in aluminum and love the performance on 16340 Li-ions in direct drive and UI. Unfortunately, I had one of the problematic heads on mine with the "flicker" on low (only) with 16340's and it took a little effort and time to get a fully functional head from EagleTac. They took care of me though and hopefully have addressed the issue in the Ti versions. Tod @ IG is a great dealer though and handles warranty in the US so I feel a little more confident going in this time.

When you run the D25C (or D25A) on 3.7V LiIon cell, how many differing constant brightness levels do we get? On their "standard" cells the lights have 5 brightness levels: Moonlight - Low - Med - Hi - Turbo (+ 90secs of additional Turbo Boost).

why is it reverse clicky? for most momentary on applications that i use my lights at night, a forward switch would be more desirable for most cpfers i would say.

Quote Originally Posted by EPVQ30 View Post
    why is it reverse clicky? for most momentary on applications that i use my lights at night, a forward switch would be more desirable for most cpfers i would say.
    Aww reverse clicky? Momentary functionality is so useful. Is the momentary ui more expensive I wonder or is there some other reason why some manufacturers don't use it?

When you run the D25C (or D25A) on 3.7V LiIon cell, how many differing constant brightness levels do we get? On their "standard" cells the lights have 5 brightness levels: Moonlight - Low - Med - Hi - Turbo (+ 90secs of additional Turbo Boost).

It runs in direct drive giving (in programable mode) your choice of moonlight or low then the next two med & high mode default to turbo 750 +/- lumens) the remaining disco modes are accesable just as with primaries. By the way...there are only really 3 modes before accessing the flashy modes (1) Your choice of moonlight or low by twisting head 3 times (2) med. if using primaries or turbo w/16340's (3) high w/primaries or turbo w/16340's....true turbo with Li-ion only comes on w/head twisted fully counterclockwise allowing toggling between turbo and strobe..and yeah, the 90sec. to 3min. drop down occurs too.

thanks cyclesport! a little hard to understand lol. To repeat your post, i have understood that the total of differing *constant* brightness levels i could possibly produce (by playing with the twisting) with LiIon is 4.

with 3.7V it's possible to produce a Moonlight level. (Is this the same lumens level Moonlight of 3.0V primaries?)
    with 3.7V it's possible to produce a Lo level (Is this the same lumens level Low of 3.0V primaries?)
    with 3.7V it's possible to produce a Hi level. (This is less bright than the below Turbo level.)
    with 3.7V it's possible to produce a Turbo level. (This is the 500+ lumens direct drive with downstep after 90sec-3min. After the downstep the light is still brighter than the Hi mode.)

Btw, each of the 2 Titanium clicky model is limited to 500pcs, worldwide.

What do you guys think? Worldwide 500pcs of the D25A .. isnt this a lot for a so-called "Limited" edition??
    Last edited by shelm; 05-27-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Btw, each of the 2 Titanium clicky model is limited to 500pcs, worldwide.

What do you guys think? Worldwide 500pcs of the D25A .. isnt this a lot for a so-called "Limited" edition??
    Maybe not, there are 7 billion people in the world.
    Last edited by Nake; 05-27-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Sorry shelm, let me attempt to be clearer...

With 16340 3.7v Li-ions you loose regulation and go into direct drive. With the head fully tightened you can toggle back and forth with the clicky between turbo and strobe only. Loosen the head 1/4 turn (where most will leave their light 99% of the time) and you start at your first level, either low or moonlight (by tightening and loosening the head three times) and then by using light half presses of the tailcap go to second level, high, and then another tap gives you high again. *Sorry, but in my last post I said it goes from low/moonlight to turbo, but I actually meant high. In other words you loose medium and get two high's instead. Basically the light operates pretty much like it does with CR123 primaries its just that you loose medium and get two high modes instead + loose regulation.

And yes, to my eye the moonlight level seems to be the same with 3.7v Li-ions or 3.0v CR123's at approx less than a lumen, and low is approx 15 -20 lumens, but this is just a guess.

Don't mean to add to the confusion but when you get your new light the UI will become much clearer right away...it's very intuitive. Just be aware that with the XM-L emitter and such a small thin-walled light it gets very warm, very fast and as ET suggests, only run the light on high or turbo with freshly charged Li-ions no more than a minute or so for the first few actuations and no more than 3 - 5 minutes on high period. With 3.7v Li-ions there are simply limitations one must accept if you wish to prolong its life and avoid damage to the battery or emitter.
    Last edited by cyclesport; 05-27-2012 at 05:46 AM.

thanks, now i have fully understood. I am understanding that on LiIon's with tightened head and AFTER the 90secs downstep the Turbo level is still brighter than the Hi level which you get with loosened head... that sounds good to me! Maybe it's wise then, with LiIon#s, to use the Hi level most of the time because it produces less heat than the tightened head?

[...]

the UI of this torch reminds me of the Quark Regular UI (or the Fenix LD20). None of these 3 torches have a tactical momentary on (for sending in morse code) or mode memory (well, the D25C has mode memory! but not the D25A). That's why 4sevens came up with the Quark Tactical.

This answers the question about the reverse clicky. If one has to change modes with a tail button, one cant use this button for tactical momentary on anymore; it's either or. And if one has to change modes with a tail button, the most logical way to do so is with a reverse clicky, because once the button is fully pressed, you can change the mode at ANY time and AS OFTEN as needed. With a forward clicky, you can take the decision only ONCE, namely before you fully engage. Once it is fully pressed and you want to change modes, you need to switch off the light first.

Lights like the Eagtac T20 are exceptional because they do have tactical momentary on plus multiple modes in head tightened/loosened position. Complicated UI. Yet the UI of the G25 is even more complicated. Zebralights dont have tactical momentary on either, so we're good.

BTW guys, dont forget that CPFMP dealers often offer a CPF discount. See lightjunction, illuminationgear and other Eagtac dealers, good luck!

So it would be safe to say that the iteration of this model will be a forward clicky?
    I guess a reverse clicky makes sense in this type of edc.

Pre-ordered a Ti one from IG last night. Have a D25c Alum. twisty and a D25c Ti twisty. Figured I'd just jump to the D25c Ti clicky... early fathers day gift for myself. I wonder how far into the 500pc run they are??
    Oh and I ordered a D25a Alum clicky for my Dad. He's not a full blown flashaholic, but he EDC's the little Energizer AA I bought him last year.. I figure he's due for an upgrade. I love buying people things I like! Hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousV View Post
    Pre-ordered a Ti one from IG last night. Have a D25c Alum. twisty and a D25c Ti twisty. Figured I'd just jump to the D25c Ti clicky... early fathers day gift for myself. I wonder how far into the 500pc run they are??
    Oh and I ordered a D25a Alum clicky for my Dad. He's not a full blown flashaholic, but he EDC's the little Energizer AA I bought him last year.. I figure he's due for an upgrade. I love buying people things I like! Hahaha...
    I ordered the AA model of this light last night, as I didnt scroll all the way down the page to see the Cr123 version of it, so today, I ordered the CR123 version. Both are in Neutral tint.

IG doesnt seem to have them in stock yet but i've spotted some other dealers who do have them in stock already and can ship within 24hrs. in other words, the Eagtac Titanium Clicky's have entered the market already, they are available!!

Question, does IG send shipping confirmation emails?

I am very eagerly waiting for a Ti D25C with neutral XML. I wish it were forward clicky, but whatever...it's looks too damn good to pass up.
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

Just pre ordered mine through light junction. Stoked!
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

Is there any word on the new A950 II circuit? What improvements have been made? EagleTac's website doesn't make anything easy to find.

I ordered a D25A in a cool white from Light Junction a few days ago. This will be my first titanium light and I am a happy guy!. Now the wait begins.

Page 1 of 31 1234567811 ... LastLast