EagleTac Clicky Ti

ClassicGOD

Newly Enlightened
Re: Eagtac Titanium Clicky

They are not out yet. :) Yesterday there wasn't even a mention about them on EagleTac website ;) (but we all knew they were coming). I expect they will be available in a month or so.
I own 4 D25 series Titanium lights and I love them. I expect to love the new clickies. :)

biglights

Enlightened

Oh very nice, glad that I waited. Was about to get one of the old series, sweet. :twothumbs

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think so too that we all knew that they were coming. pretty clever business strategy by Eagtac,
1. releasing D25 Minis first. they were sensational because of the super short length, low weight and slim diameter. really "mini"!
2. selling the Minis in aluminum version, and we all thought that eagtac had cancelled the plans for the aluminum clickies
3. releasing D25 Minis in Titanium version. people who could barely hold off finally got their 1st Mini
4. eagtac releases the word that 1 year later the aluminum clicky would be available; they deny plans for the Titanium clicky
5. aluminum clickies are finally available, and still no plans for Titanium clickies, so impatient shoppers go for the aluminum clickies, because aluminium clickies are more desirable than the D25 Minis.
6. what the heck, Titanium clickies will be available too, announcement! surprise surprise.
7. eagtac sells the cream of the D25 series like hotcake .. although shoppers already own copies of the D25 series. --- a D25 Titanium clicky is no doubt the most desirable and hottest model of the entire D25 series!!

if Eagtac had first released the D25 Titanium clickies, and reversed the above order .. i am pretty sure that hardly anyone would have jumped on buying the D25 Mini Titanium (a Titanium twisty?? argh!) or the D25 Mini aluminum (a clicky is preferrable to a twisty .. especially on 1xAA form factor)

clever clever.

From the specs, i am thinking that the D25A is an underperformer. 122 lumen OTF, 1.3hrs, and with 14500 only direct drive. Clearly, these specs are easily beaten by a Quark X running on 1xEneloop AA or 1x14500 Trustfire 900mAh.

In the end it all boils down to the size and looks (and weight): the D25 Titanium clicky is super attractive. A Quark X performs better .. but the Titanium clicky is what stirs our emotions ("wantitwantitwantit").

Last edited:

cbr400rr

Newly Enlightened

I heard you can preorder for 72.99 from Illumination Gear.

Danielight

Enlightened

I heard you can preorder for 72.99 from Illumination Gear.

It's true:

EagleTac D25A CLICKY Ti TITANIUM LIMITED EDITION - XM-L U2 / XM-L T6. Pre-order: $70.99

EagleTac D25C CLICKY Ti TITANIUM LIMITED EDITION - XM-L U2 / XM-L T6. Pre-order: $72.99

Expected early June.

ClassicGOD

Newly Enlightened

(a Titanium twisty?? argh!)
Few drops of Krytox and all my D25 Tis are smooth (It really does wonders). Not as smooth as aluminum with Krytox but still perfectly acceptable ;)

JemR

Newly Enlightened

I don't wish to pour cold water on this tread, love the D25 series but, it says clicky and I don't actually see the clicky? Can't see the LED either. Have they made any? Are they just getting us excited, making us save up?. Your right shelm they are clever!.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

all right. pulling the trigger for the D25A Ti Clicky. illuminationgear. love their 7.50$ global shipping!!
anyone else who preordered it??

Last edited:

ntensity

Newly Enlightened

YuP! I pre-ordered a D25A at around 4 am yesterday morning. I think they had just uploaded them to the site because I couldn't find them anywhere else.

edvpt

Newly Enlightened

PreOrdered a EagleTac D25C CLICKY Ti XM-L T6. Love my D25LC2 XM-L U2 clicky, been very impressed with the new EagleTac's. Love the UI of the D Clicky

cyclesport

Enlightened

I pre-ordered the D25C Ti Clicky as well. Already own the D25C Clicky in aluminum and love the performance on 16340 Li-ions in direct drive and UI. Unfortunately, I had one of the problematic heads on mine with the "flicker" on low (only) with 16340's and it took a little effort and time to get a fully functional head from EagleTac. They took care of me though and hopefully have addressed the issue in the Ti versions. Tod @ IG is a great dealer though and handles warranty in the US so I feel a little more confident going in this time.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

When you run the D25C (or D25A) on 3.7V LiIon cell, how many differing constant brightness levels do we get? On their "standard" cells the lights have 5 brightness levels: Moonlight - Low - Med - Hi - Turbo (+ 90secs of additional Turbo Boost).

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened

why is it reverse clicky? for most momentary on applications that i use my lights at night, a forward switch would be more desirable for most cpfers i would say.

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened

why is it reverse clicky? for most momentary on applications that i use my lights at night, a forward switch would be more desirable for most cpfers i would say.

Aww reverse clicky? Momentary functionality is so useful. Is the momentary ui more expensive I wonder or is there some other reason why some manufacturers don't use it?

cyclesport

Enlightened

When you run the D25C (or D25A) on 3.7V LiIon cell, how many differing constant brightness levels do we get? On their "standard" cells the lights have 5 brightness levels: Moonlight - Low - Med - Hi - Turbo (+ 90secs of additional Turbo Boost).

It runs in direct drive giving (in programable mode) your choice of moonlight or low then the next two med & high mode default to turbo 750 +/- lumens) the remaining disco modes are accesable just as with primaries. By the way...there are only really 3 modes before accessing the flashy modes (1) Your choice of moonlight or low by twisting head 3 times (2) med. if using primaries or turbo w/16340's (3) high w/primaries or turbo w/16340's....true turbo with Li-ion only comes on w/head twisted fully counterclockwise allowing toggling between turbo and strobe..and yeah, the 90sec. to 3min. drop down occurs too.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

thanks cyclesport! a little hard to understand lol. To repeat your post, i have understood that the total of differing *constant* brightness levels i could possibly produce (by playing with the twisting) with LiIon is 4.

with 3.7V it's possible to produce a Moonlight level. (Is this the same lumens level Moonlight of 3.0V primaries?)
with 3.7V it's possible to produce a Lo level (Is this the same lumens level Low of 3.0V primaries?)
with 3.7V it's possible to produce a Hi level. (This is less bright than the below Turbo level.)
with 3.7V it's possible to produce a Turbo level. (This is the 500+ lumens direct drive with downstep after 90sec-3min. After the downstep the light is still brighter than the Hi mode.)

Btw, each of the 2 Titanium clicky model is limited to 500pcs, worldwide.

What do you guys think? Worldwide 500pcs of the D25A .. isnt this a lot for a so-called "Limited" edition??

Last edited:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast

Btw, each of the 2 Titanium clicky model is limited to 500pcs, worldwide.

What do you guys think? Worldwide 500pcs of the D25A .. isnt this a lot for a so-called "Limited" edition??

Maybe not, there are 7 billion people in the world. :)

Last edited: