A Good Night Blaster To Keep In My Truck!

a4d

Enlightened
Hey all, I'm just kinda glancing around all over the place at every type of light imaginable for every situation as most of us probably do HAHA. Anyway Could someone recommend me a light to keep in the console or door pocket of my truck that throws of a lot of light. A thrower would be more or less what i;m looking for I spend a lot of time in the woods and would like a good thrower to have some fun with. Under $100 if possible willing to go a little over if it's that much more worth it. As for batteries I prefer 123's. Thanks for the help guys/gals.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ceelant 7G5v2
You can set it up to work on either one or two 18650 batteries. It throws over 400 yards and is under $90.00 delivered.
If it is too large the four sevens Maelstrom or EagleTac G25C2 are decent throwers.
If your not in a rush the Crelant V9T6 will be available soon and it is a nice little throw light at around $50.00

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Hey all, I'm just kinda glancing around all over the place at every type of light imaginable for every situation as most of us probably do HAHA. Anyway Could someone recommend me a light to keep in the console or door pocket of my truck that throws of a lot of light. A thrower would be more or less what i;m looking for I spend a lot of time in the woods and would like a good thrower to have some fun with. Under $100 if possible willing to go a little over if it's that much more worth it. As for batteries I prefer 123's. Thanks for the help guys/gals.

If you want a thrower, the Zebra Light SC600 is a terrible choice. I have two of them, and love them dearly, but, as FLOOD lights...they can't throw to save their lives other than what they get just from the shear horsepower of the flood.

The Crelant 7G5 V2 mentioned above on the other hand is about the best thrower for the money you can get...and it can come as a combo with an aspheric head (Two heads, one reflector, one aspheric...swap them back and forth/use the one you prefer, etc) that makes in an INSANE thrower.

The nice thing about the Crelant is that the beam also has enough spill, etc, to also see where you're going, not just a target a quarter mile away...its an 850 lumen light canon for less than $90 delivered...I love mine. :D

Crelant 7G5 V2:

7005272810_19c9fab0b3_c.jpg

This one's Mine.

7005273080_d95950cac8_c.jpg

That round tree off in the distance is over 400 meters way, and you can see it easily with the Crelant (Reflector Version)

If there's something "out there" at night, and you want to see what...this will do it for you.

:welcome:

Last edited:

ntensity

Newly Enlightened
The aboves are great mentions and aawesome for what you get, but I thought I'd just throw another option out there, because we can't have too many options right? I'd vote for a Fenix TK41 at a "little" over your $100 budget if you prefer to use AA's. I thought I might put that out there because it's an 800 lumen XML thrower that is very durable and waterproof, but unlike the earlier suggestions, runs on AA batteries which can bbecome very valuable for your intended uses ie:truck flashlight where your batteries might run out when your on the road an you cant find any "exotic" battery types locally.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can recommend the Crelant 7G5 v2. I bought one and it is a super-thrower without the large price tag. Sorta like paying for a Volkswagen and getting a Porche!
You can get one here: Link removed. see red banner at top of page.
I know you'll enjoy it! It is well made, sturdy, reliable and *bright!*
happy0003.gif
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

a4d

Enlightened
That Crelant is definitely a sweet light I think that might be in line for my next few purchases. The only reason it's on the back burner right now is I was out at some stores getting some stuff together and was gonna buy a cheap spotlight like 1 or 2 million cp type deal for night crabbing when I spotted that 500 lumen kobalt light at lowes for $60. So I bought that to keep in my truck. It's an ok light up close it's got a pretty bad beam quality but for what I wanted it for it fits the bill. Just a decent thrower and overall useable light for my truck. Thanks everyone for the opinions I really like the Crelant and after my next headlamp purchase that might be the next one on the list.

Latest posts