A question about batteries.

Alland44

Newly Enlightened
A workmate bought a HID torch in China. It worked well, until he tried to measure the power of the battery, using a voltmeter.
There is a warning, on the battery, that one should not shortcircuit - But he did.

Now the torch will note "fire"

Battery seems to work, but no light comes from the bulb.

I have found a similar battery,on the net, from China. The only differenve is, that hes battery say version 2.0.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-g...ht-battery-hid-torch-battery-wholesalers.html

Would this battery fit the 28/35 Watt HID torch ?

Can the old battery be fixed with a new circuit ?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would this battery fit the 28/35 Watt HID torch ?

Most likely will work, these are generic style HID & battery, they appears to have been standadized.

Can the old battery be fixed with a new circuit ?

Yes, the question is can you o it? If you had to ask, the answer is probably no.
The battery inside is cheap 2200mah, if you open it up, you might be able to upgrade to panasonic 3100mah & gain 30% run timer.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If the battery is good why are you looking for a new battery? Maybe the light has a fuse somewhere that needs replacing.

CoherentRays

Newly Enlightened
...There is a warning, on the battery, that one should not shortcircuit - But he did...
When you say he did short circuit do you mean just taking the voltage measurement with one probe on the positive and the other probe on the negative contact or did one probe accidentally touch both contacts at the same time?

Just taking a voltage reading properly would not be a short circuit.

CoherentRays

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the question is can you o it? If you had to ask, the answer is probably no.
The battery inside is cheap 2200mah, if you open it up, you might be able to upgrade to panasonic 3100mah & gain 30% run timer.
I don't think so. The batteries on the site the OP linked to are 11.1V, 4400 mAH batteries and they have three contact posts on one end. Must be several cells stacked together.

Alland44

Newly Enlightened
When you say he did short circuit do you mean just taking the voltage measurement with one probe on the positive and the other probe on the negative contact or did one probe accidentally touch both contacts at the same time?

Just taking a voltage reading properly would not be a short circuit.

I do not know what he did measure. What contacts he short cicuited, and he doesn´t know himself. Result is a working battery (seemingly) but the bulb do not fire.
Leds works and the two colors in the rear works.

Alland44

Newly Enlightened
Most likely will work, these are generic style HID & battery, they appears to have been standadized.

Thank you for that answer.

Do you have a link to that upgrade thing ?

Alland44

Newly Enlightened
I have found a similar battery,on the net, from China. The only difference is, that hes battery say version 2.0.

This can be read two ways. The battery of my workmate is the version 2.0.
Will this battery work ?

Alland44

Newly Enlightened
My workmate just bought a 11,1 volt 6.600 Mah battery on ebay. This one has three positions, instead of two.
Could this be a problem with his 28/35 watt light ?